HF mini mill guide pointer on mill head

RB72

Registered
Registered
I am installing DRO units on the 3 axis on my mini mill. On the z axis I am going to use the guide pointer screw on the left side of the mill head to mount a bracket. It appears to be a functional screw to tighten up a gib or similar type adjustment. Does anyone know what it tightens against and how it should be adjusted?

I am installing DRO units on the 3 axis on my mini mill. On the z axis I am going to use the guide pointer screw on the left side of the mill head to mount a bracket. It appears to be a functional screw to tighten up a gib or similar type adjustment. Does anyone know what it tightens against and how it should be adjusted?
If your mini mill is an X2, the z axis pointer is not on the gib strip. The Z gib is on the right side of the head. I'm not sure what the pointer fastens into, I don't use it on mine. My DRO scale for the Z is also mounted on the right side of the colum.

Chuck

It just holds pointer for scale as far as I know. I took mine off. Not much use for a scale that you have to lean around a cutting tool to view.

The screw appears to fit into the side of a gear in the head. When it is tightened the head movement tightens up so it does not move as easily.

In that case, I would have no idea. I moved to belt drive soon after getting the mill.

I mounted two of the scales on the left side of the mill. I used the pointer screw to secure the scale slide to the head.

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Back