Hi folks, I wonder if you could think about me tonight,

Hello folks , sorry to be a burden, I wonder if you could think about me in your prayers tonight, I along with a most attentive vetenarian have been caring for my wee cat over the last two months, Tonight I came home after being at a lecture today, to find my wife in tears , The wee guy had died half an hour before I came in the door, He was a nice little companion In fact a true buddy, I will miss him , I feel pretty ragged tonight.
Sorry for your loss. Pets are a beloved part of our family. Prayers for you and your wife.

Prayers from Chris and I too. Our current cat was a stray and followed me and the dog home. He stayed at the back door meowing over and over so we took him in and named him what else? "Meow-Meow" LOL.. He is by far the most affectionate cat we've ever had!! When I get home from work he follows me around the house until I pick him up and give him his due.. LOL.. After I change and eat dinner, he sets in my lap and falls asleep, and heaven help me if I decide I need to get up!! He'll just meow over and over til I return and take my seat. He's got me well trained I think! I can't imagine the day when he leaves us.

I hope you folks can feel better soon, and maybe find another friend in the future, we need good folks like you sharing your love.

I've been a cat person all of my life, and overall probably owned 200 or so. Sometimes quite a few strays and ferals I would take in and take care of. I've always liked the independent (pretend) attitude they exude. They say cats don't have owners, they have staff. I believe it. With as many cats as I've had, I've had to endure losses of various kinds when the time comes. It's never easy, and can be infuriating. But that shows that we care about them. We have been given dominion over the domestic animals of this world, so it is our responsibility to do what we can to make their life happy. Most of the time, in some way they reciprocate. I've been through the rescue business and have a good friend who has about 100 cats and 150 dogs at any given time. She is quite successful in rehoming the dogs and there is a "network" of people who travel and help transport the pets to their new homes. Cats not quite as easy to rehome. I have several that I claim to own, and take care of a dozen or so ferals that just kind of hang around because I have food, shelter and warmth.

Just a few days ago a malnourished yellow tabby appeared at a neighbor's. Of course, he's been taken in, and taken care of. He's been around people before, I'm sure, because he quieted down much to quickly and accepted our attentions. Vet says he is about 5 1/2 months old, but weighs less than 3 lbs. He's eating well and has started the normal medical procedures during quarantine. Small of stature, but seems very loving. Seems very happy to be inside.

It seems very recent that we lost one, but when you have as many as I do, it seems to happen frequently. It never gets easy when you let them into your heart. And they have ways of getting in there. Like some of the others, I would encourage you, when you're ready, to take in another. Not to replace the lost pet, that will never happen. But to gain a new friend and start a life with a fresh outlook.

Prayers from Chris and I too. Our current cat was a stray and followed me and the dog home. He stayed at the back door meowing over and over so we took him in and named him what else? "Meow-Meow" LOL.. He is by far the most affectionate cat we've ever had!! When I get home from work he follows me around the house until I pick him up and give him his due.. LOL.. After I change and eat dinner, he sets in my lap and falls asleep, and heaven help me if I decide I need to get up!! He'll just meow over and over til I return and take my seat. He's got me well trained I think! I can't imagine the day when he leaves us.

I hope you folks can feel better soon, and maybe find another friend in the future, we need good folks like you sharing your love.
34_40, Thank you kindly to both you and Chris for the kind prayers, Like you folks my little cat was a stray who came around hungry & cold These little souls bring a lot of love and companionship. When they leave us it is an awful time.

I've been a cat person all of my life, and overall probably owned 200 or so. Sometimes quite a few strays and ferals I would take in and take care of. I've always liked the independent (pretend) attitude they exude. They say cats don't have owners, they have staff. I believe it. With as many cats as I've had, I've had to endure losses of various kinds when the time comes. It's never easy, and can be infuriating. But that shows that we care about them. We have been given dominion over the domestic animals of this world, so it is our responsibility to do what we can to make their life happy. Most of the time, in some way they reciprocate. I've been through the rescue business and have a good friend who has about 100 cats and 150 dogs at any given time. She is quite successful in rehoming the dogs and there is a "network" of people who travel and help transport the pets to their new homes. Cats not quite as easy to rehome. I have several that I claim to own, and take care of a dozen or so ferals that just kind of hang around because I have food, shelter and warmth.

Just a few days ago a malnourished yellow tabby appeared at a neighbor's. Of course, he's been taken in, and taken care of. He's been around people before, I'm sure, because he quieted down much to quickly and accepted our attentions. Vet says he is about 5 1/2 months old, but weighs less than 3 lbs. He's eating well and has started the normal medical procedures during quarantine. Small of stature, but seems very loving. Seems very happy to be inside.

It seems very recent that we lost one, but when you have as many as I do, it seems to happen frequently. It never gets easy when you let them into your heart. And they have ways of getting in there. Like some of the others, I would encourage you, when you're ready, to take in another. Not to replace the lost pet, that will never happen. But to gain a new friend and start a life with a fresh outlook.
Tony Thank you kindly, Like you I have always had a cat around me since I could first walk, they bring into our lives love in their own way, All being of a different personality, This wee guy Whome I have just lost was a stray, It was uncanny how he just new to hang around my back door, and no one elses, He was a constant companion & could talk to me and I would talk back, He seemed very wise as well as protecting me constantly always by my side They are sent by God of that I have no doubt, I will find a void in my heart with his passing, In this time, one positive aspect to come out of my sadness, and my buddy's passing, Is how it has shown me what a kind caring group of folk the Hobby Machinist fraternity are.

The Crazy Cat Man is sad for you.

I had to put my furry spirit guide down in the summer, he nursed me to health when I got so sick in '07. Now my wife's border collie (her first dog ever) has four paws in the grave.

God brings me cats. I don't know if it's because I need a cat or if the cat needs me, but God brings them to me and I accept that solemn duty and obligation

When the time is right, God will bring you another kitty

A couple of days ago, a young female showed up at a neighbor's. Wild, but live trapped and getting calmer. Has massive hookworm infestation as well as roundworms. She's just coming into season, so wanted to catch her and get her spayed as soon as I can. She's a little unusual in coloring. Mostly tortie/calico but they would term her "pale" or light in tone. Looks like she will make a good cat. I don't know that I'll keep her. I have too many mouths to feed as it is.

The Crazy Cat Man is sad for you.

I had to put my furry spirit guide down in the summer, he nursed me to health when I got so sick in '07. Now my wife's border collie (her first dog ever) has four paws in the grave.

God brings me cats. I don't know if it's because I need a cat or if the cat needs me, but God brings them to me and I accept that solemn duty and obligation

When the time is right, God will bring you another kitty
Thanks P.T. I appreciate the kind words of one cat loving soul to another , wise words, I had a bad spell today thinking about the wee guy, But like you God will send a kindred spirit along , Like you it always happens God bless -- Oil Mac

Back