Hi folks, I wonder if you could think about me tonight,

A couple of days ago, a young female showed up at a neighbor's. Wild, but live trapped and getting calmer. Has massive hookworm infestation as well as roundworms. She's just coming into season, so wanted to catch her and get her spayed as soon as I can. She's a little unusual in coloring. Mostly tortie/calico but they would term her "pale" or light in tone. Looks like she will make a good cat. I don't know that I'll keep her. I have too many mouths to feed as it is.
Hi Tony, God has sent the little kitty for you to nurse back to health, Hope you soon get these horrible parasites out of her system, I can guess you will warm to keeping her , Never fails! God Bless

I have a great Veterinarian who work with me on these ferals and strays. She appreciates the effort I put into population control in my admittedly limited area. It also cuts down on birth defects due to close inbreeding. I've been working on this for about 7 years, so it isn't often another turns up, but I think the word is out that I will take them in. Found one (beautiful Tuxedo male bobtail) on the front porch one morning. He smelled of fresh shampoo and was well fed. The only problem was he had ringworm. We didn't find that out until it had spread to some of the other cats and the human family too. Took a while to rid the house of it, but we learned to quarantine any new animals.

Not too far from me is a specialty vet who cares for big cats at a sanctuary in the area, and they work with us on the financial end, plus are equipped to handle wild cats. http://tigercreek.org/ They are some pretty special people.

This youngster is already on medication for the worms, and a general antibiotic. She's responding very well. Still not getting along with the rest of the brood, but that is expected and will come soon enough should be find a home here. So far she's Jane Doe, but I think if daughter has a say, that will change so something more permanent. If I can catch her not hiding, I'll try to snap a pic or two. She's shy until you just sit on the floor and close your eyes for a couple of minutes at a time. That seems to make cats more comfortable. I guess they take that as non-aggressive behavior and overcome their initial fears. Still have to move slow, or she startles, but expected.

Thanks P.T. I appreciate the kind words of one cat loving soul to another , wise words, I had a bad spell today thinking about the wee guy, But like you God will send a kindred spirit along , Like you it always happens God bless -- Oil Mac

When the time is right, I can just about guarantee you will find a kitten on the back porch or in the barn. I have a Shop Moggy now who I frequently have to shut down machinery to drag out from behind or on top

I have a great Veterinarian who work with me on these ferals and strays. She appreciates the effort I put into population control in my admittedly limited area. It also cuts down on birth defects due to close inbreeding. I've been working on this for about 7 years, so it isn't often another turns up, but I think the word is out that I will take them in. Found one (beautiful Tuxedo male bobtail) on the front porch one morning. He smelled of fresh shampoo and was well fed. The only problem was he had ringworm. We didn't find that out until it had spread to some of the other cats and the human family too. Took a while to rid the house of it, but we learned to quarantine any new animals.

Not too far from me is a specialty vet who cares for big cats at a sanctuary in the area, and they work with us on the financial end, plus are equipped to handle wild cats. http://tigercreek.org/ They are some pretty special people.

This youngster is already on medication for the worms, and a general antibiotic. She's responding very well. Still not getting along with the rest of the brood, but that is expected and will come soon enough should be find a home here. So far she's Jane Doe, but I think if daughter has a say, that will change so something more permanent. If I can catch her not hiding, I'll try to snap a pic or two. She's shy until you just sit on the floor and close your eyes for a couple of minutes at a time. That seems to make cats more comfortable. I guess they take that as non-aggressive behavior and overcome their initial fears. Still have to move slow, or she startles, but expected.

Speaking of shallow gene pools, the most recent addition is hermaphroditic!

We didn't learn this until the sixth time taking him/her/it to be fixed. Our vet has only been out of school five years and he was quick to take pics to share with his profs at vet school. It's name is Diesel-LOL, as the dogs would chase it under the tool truck and I'd feed it on top of the engine

The little yellow tabbie is a bit of a mystery so far, similar. Vet says he is about 6 months old, and normally things develop by then, but this little guy has "undescended testicles", or he has been neutered. Can't tell yet. Or possibly a birth defect. It seems for some reason, most of the yellow tabby males we have had suffered from some problem, from personality disorders to more serious things, like a liver shunt, which ultimately proved fatal. So if you have a make yellow tabby, keep a close eye on them.

LOL Diesel. Just make sure you know where he is when you crank up. I'm sure you know that though.

Most of the time when I fired up the pig, the cat was on my lap!

Diesel is a Tiger kittie, looks almost identical to the first Shop Moggy

Heavenly Father, giver of life and health: Comfort and relieve thy sick servants, and give thy power of healing to those who minister to their needs, that those for whom our prayers are offered may be strengthened in their weakness and have confidence in thy loving care; through Jesus Christ our Lord, who liveth and reigneth with thee and the Holy Spirit, one God, now and for ever. Amen.

Hallo Core-oil.
I know I am very late to this conversation, I only saw it now. What I would like to say is I am a cat and animal lover myself and my thoughts are with you having lost 3 animals over the last 2 years. Cat(16),Ridgeback mix(14),Lab mix(14). Hope you feel better by now,I know you don't stop missing them.

Good luck.
Michael.

Core-oil,
It is hard to lose our pets. I know cause we rescue abused dogs. We have 5 now, but have lost six over the last 14 years. You never forget them but it does get easier to accept over time. I pray that your pain of this loss will ease.

True Folks, One never forgets these wee guys, they leave pawprints on our hearts forever, I remember the fun times I had with him, he was a larger than life critter, It is getting a bit easier as the weeks roll past he is lying in a part of the garden which was his sun spot, along with the rest of the little people whom i cared for over the last forty years, cats, a rabbit, tame rats, (Frequently the inhabitents of the animal kingdom could teach many of todays humanoids, Basic humanities which a great number of our species have sadly nowadays "Cast by the Wayside") I am greatly heartened by the kind thoughts shown by my brothers in iron , on the forum, Thanks guys. In spite of many of you having monumental problems of your own, You take time to care
As my mother would have said -- "A Stout Heart to a Steep Hill"

Back