Hilco Model 2

Like these?

Or maybe these?
And then I ran out to the shop to check my drawers. An old Gorton and a Norton with 3/8" DIA.

R-1204192110a.jpg...R-1204192110b.jpg...R-1204192110c.jpg

Thanks, I've just been looking for new stuff, are you willing to part with the ones you have?

Chewing on that right now.
I've got a Dumore Tool post grinder but I'm not sure I have the guts to run a 3"+ wheel on it.
Can you use a couple of the 38A60-K5V's? They're .538" thick, 2.03" DIA.

Chewing on that right now.
I've got a Dumore Tool post grinder but I'm not sure I have the guts to run a 3"+ wheel on it.
Can you use a couple of the 38A60-K5V's? They're .538" thick, 2.03" DIA.

I actually have some in that approximate size, really looking for a cup wheel. I'm not in a hurry though, I'll check back with you before I go shopping on eBay.

Thanks,

John

Have to liquidate my Michigan shop soon and thinking I should bring this little guy west with me. I haven’t done much work with it but I’m thinking it may get more valuable as I get better.

What say you all?

John

Did you bring it with you? I’m always running into times where I wish I had a slide table setup to do small grinding and this is just the ticket. If I wasn’t so far behind I’d love to make something similar.

Did you bring it with you? I’m always running into times where I wish I had a slide table setup to do small grinding and this is just the ticket. If I wasn’t so far behind I’d love to make something similar.
Sorry I didn't see this earlier. Yes, it's in the U Box waiting for me to have room at home. I'm imagining a small mag chuck setup so I can finish grind stuff eventually, even have a small cross slide I could fit....

John

Good job. I know every pound and space is precious when moving and I'm sure it's compounded when your are talking those kind of miles. I hope to see what it settles into when you get back to it. An actual surface grinder while nice is out of the question for me logistically, one like the one you have is something I'm going to keep and eye out for.

Hopefully the notice of thread watch here on H-M will work when/if you post it again. This thread had somehow progressed without notice and I found it somehow to pick it back up.

Back