Hobby Machinest shows

Cat Steel

H-M Supporter - Silver Member
H-M Supporter - Silver Member
Didnt know where to post this question. I’m just getting into machining, trying to find tools and info. Not yet retired, so need to buy stuff while I have an income. Ha. Always looking for a road trip during the winter when I can’t work much. Living in Ok there is not much stuff available. So looking to visit back east, NE part of USA. Do they have trade shows or Hobby shows? Even thought of going to some auctions? I know from reloading for almost 50 yrs, better to buy good stuff, and not have to replace it later. Looking at a PM mill. 833tv. Have an Atlas 12X36 my friend kinda give me to keep and store.

Last edited:
Thanks for reply. I’m also looking for auctions, maybe estates or such. Been looking on eBay but mostly junk or not taken care off. I’m so new to this don’t know what Im looking for. Just got that lathe running and on a learning curve now. between work and going to grandkids don’t get too many weekends to my self.

Unfortunately there are a lot of machine shops closing it seems. If you keep an eye out on some of the auctions in your area you may be able to find some good deals. You aren't that far from Amarillo, Lubbock, OK City, and Tulsa. I've picked up some good deals on tooling off Craig's List out of the DFW Metro-mess area lately, too. There's one guy I bought some mics from that had an entire set of Vermont gauge pins for sale, but I can't justify the expense. I'd sure love to have them. Not a pin missing out of something like six cases of pins.

Good luck!

Yep. Mr. V. I always include the DFW area in my searches. Have daughter at McKinney. Thanks

Back