Hobby machinists in south Texas?

I'm in SA, Kirby area. Don't get a lot of time lately. Hope to do more this year.

Well, looks like we have a pretty good handful of us, between Austin and SA. We should definitely meet up somewhere. Maybe somewhere between the two spots, like New Braunfels or San Marcos. Far enough out from now, that others could have time to find this, and join us, and so that we could all make sure we could make it. How many of you would be interested?

Might be interested. Weekend best time for me,

I'd be up for a get together. San Marcos or New Braunfels would be fine. I agree that we need to plan ahead to have the best chance of getting people and avoiding schedule conflicts

Though I am retired, I am only available on certain days during the week, and limited on weekends. Besides whole day training on our local range twice a week, I shoot in rifle competitions on weekends. In preparation for the National Matches in July and Aug, between Brazoria, Houston, New Braunfels, Carthage, Temple, Austin, and Camp Swift, I plan to shoot in matches every weekend. It depends on what date you guys plan to meet up, I may cancel out on local matches, and join y'all.

If any of you guys get in a bind, like broken machine, and have an urgent project, depending on my availability, you are welcome to use any of my machines, and tooling. I have special tooling; MT5 test bar, MT3 test bar, scissors type knurling tool, ball turner, precision levels, 5C collet spin indexer, Bridgeport rotary table, super spacer, y'all are welcome to borrow these as well.

If y'all are doing rifle barrels I have a good collection of reamers (especially 223 variants) and gauges, also available.

Back