Hobby shop foot ware

Yes I've heard that. They have also proved a number of things don't work, that actually do ,and proved things that do work that don't work very often They play the game of probability very well to make a tv show. I'll take my chances without the steel thanks.
Yes, the show got it wrong a few times, they also were very diligent at reexamining and correcting those conclusions. In this case, I disagree it was a "game of probability", They followed what I believe to be, sound scientific practice. Anyone can watch the episode and make their own informed conclusion.

What are you wearing for work boots? Maybe you need to invest in those too. I don't know if they will necessarily help with the plantar problem, but Nicks or Whites boots are made for people who stand all day. They are custom fit and worth every penny.

Sent from my SM-T377V using Tapatalk

I wear Chippewa boots at work. They are comfortable and dry, and require almost no break in.
Thanks for the lead on alternative boots. I will check those out.

I wear White's and I love them. Have several pair from dress boots to work boots. If you've never wore White's, it will take a while before they are comfortable. The boots don't "break-in, " your feet break-in to the boot.

Last edited:
I had to wear protective toe shoes where I worked, I ve had good luck buying RedWing shoes. They make a line of sneaker type protective shoes that are very light and quite comfortable. When working I'd replace the insoles ( about $40 ) every five or six months. There is not much worse than uncomfortable aching feet! Learned years ago that spending more and buying a better quality shoe helped me a lot plus they last longer. I had to buy new shoes when working about every 2 years or so, not that they would wear out, but they broke down inside and became uncomfortable. I'd be lucky if cheaper shoes lasted me much more than 6 months (false economy) I also found more recently that swapping shoes a day or two during the week help with my feet feeling better. Also in theory your shoes should last longer, tho I an not so sure...
I also had Plantar Fasciitis issues years ago and have for the most part solved that (Thankfully) with some stretching exercises the Doc showed me. He advised me to avoid the surgery if at all possible as it can make it worse as often as it helps ( and he was a surgeon! )
Best of luck, Take care!

I went to a slip-on Romeo (at least they used to be called Romeos. No laces with the elastic side panel). Nothing drops into the shoe from the top and a fairly benign tread.

-frank
I wear the same type of shoe made by Johnson, love the shoe,but I differ from the "Nothing drops in" part,because three quarters of the year I wear shorts, and there is always something knifing me if I don't wear trousers.

Over ten years ago I bought some sneakers to do some work on the roof. They were Crosstrekkers. Comfortable with flat soles. I still have them and would love to get another pair but I can't find them anywhere. I also wear old combat boots. I got a lifetime supply free, sort of.

Back