Holt Engine (I hope)

Very cool Greg!

Benjamin Holt's original proving grounds were in Stockton Ca, about 15 miles from me
Sacramento. where I live, was also a big sales area for Holt/Caterpillar, and still is for Cat. Cat was originally started in Peoria, Illinois. Many of their machines were born in this area. There are still quite a few old restored Holt machines in this area. I used to be a parts guy for Sacramento County and bought lots of Cat parts from the local Holt dealer for machines for road building/repairing, leveling land, and land fill use. There are some really good vintage farm/construction displays in the Sacramento and San Joaquin valleys area.

Greg
Beautiful artwork, where can I get this engine?
Hi Layne,
These are not a production item, I tracked down a set of plans to build it myself. Been a busy summer, with winter approaching I hope to get back to making parts.

Greg

I haven't been to the forum for some time but today I saw the work you're doing on your Holt and I must say it looks great. If you should have any questions please don't hesitate to ask as I am the builder of the engine you are working on.
gbritnell

Thanks George, got the plans from you last winter. As the weather cools off, expect I'll be moving indoors and get time to work on it again.

Greg

I haven't been to the forum for some time but today I saw the work you're doing on your Holt and I must say it looks great. If you should have any questions please don't hesitate to ask as I am the builder of the engine you are working on.
gbritnell
Hi,gbritnell
I like the engine you designed. I want to own it. Can I get any information from you? in any way.

Back