Holy cow, my PM1236 shipped!

Looks like I'm another lucky winner! I received my new PM1236 on Monday but finally got a chance to get it out of the crate today. Sure enough, it's metric! I talked to RayC and all is well. He said we should have the conversion kits in a few weeks. I just glad I'm not the only one with a metric lathe, being a neophyte I am pretty sure I'd have been totally confused before I figured out what was going on! I look at this as a learning experience. I would normally be somewhat reluctant to tear into my lathe due to my inexperience (if it ain't broke, don't fix it) but now I'll have to. After talking to Ray, I'm sure my trepidation is unwarranted so I'm now looking forward to see what makes this thing tick.

Matt is a stand up guy and I appreciate him making this right for all of us. It's one to talk about great customer service and quite another to actually deliver it. No one and no organization is perfect and Matt has, once again, proven that when issues do come up he will make sure to set things right with his customers. I think that is all we can really ask. Rather than making me question my purchase, this actually reaffirms to me that I bought from the right guy.

I am going to build a base for my lathe similar to what GaryK did. I'll post some pictures once I have it done.

Lyn

Looks like I'm another lucky winner! I received my new PM1236 on Monday but finally got a chance to get it out of the crate today. Sure enough, it's metric! I talked to RayC and all is well. He said we should have the conversion kits in a few weeks. I just glad I'm not the only one with a metric lathe, being a neophyte I am pretty sure I'd have been totally confused before I figured out what was going on! I look at this as a learning experience. I would normally be somewhat reluctant to tear into my lathe due to my inexperience (if it ain't broke, don't fix it) but now I'll have to. After talking to Ray, I'm sure my trepidation is unwarranted so I'm now looking forward to see what makes this thing tick.

Matt is a stand up guy and I appreciate him making this right for all of us. It's one to talk about great customer service and quite another to actually deliver it. No one and no organization is perfect and Matt has, once again, proven that when issues do come up he will make sure to set things right with his customers. I think that is all we can really ask. Rather than making me question my purchase, this actually reaffirms to me that I bought from the right guy.

I am going to build a base for my lathe similar to what GaryK did. I'll post some pictures once I have it done.

Lyn

Awesome. Glad to hear Matt/QMT is taking care of you. I had no doubt he would.

Please be sure to post up some pictures.

Mike.

I found out that I also was the recipient of one of those metric lathes. I've contacted Matt @ QMT and am waiting to hear back. its frustrating, but I'm glad that the company is standing behind the product. I'm still in the "getting it setup" phase, so I have some time.

I received mine earlier this week as well, and just realized that I have a metric machine as well. I'm glad you noticed this Craig, as I probably wouldn't have figured it out for quite some time. With my work schedule the way it is right now, it'll likely be sitting idle until sometime in June, when I can really get to messing with it.

I'm glad to see that Matt is taking care of this. It's super awesome the way he's handling it. I just hope the factory is helping to. I don't really want to see him have to eat all of this...

Does anyone have any updates on the metric to imperial conversion kits for the PM1236?

Craig

When I last asked Matt about this (several weeks ago) he said they are due to arrive a few days after the June 12-15 shipment arrives.

Ray

Back