• Welcome back Guest! Did you know you can mentor other members here at H-M? If not, please check out our Relaunch of Hobby Machinist Mentoring Program!

• In order for the Member Map to work properly, you must allow Google services AND Hobby Machinist to know your location. These settings are found in your browser of choice and in your Hobby Machinist profile.

Winner Home Grown Cutter Grinder

Status
Not open for further replies.
6061 should be just dandy.

Yes, it will Andy but that's not the problem. I paid for 7075, not 6061. I will be at the supplier tomorrow. It's right up the street.

"Billy G"

Two edges square. This hunk will change drastically before it's finished. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

"Billy G"

That's what I like. Take a piece a bit bigger than you need and remove everything that doesn't look like the part you want.

Mike;

I don't know any other way to do it. :rofl::rofl:

"Billy G"

I wonder how close I can get it today? :thinking: I would like to see it finished ???????

"Billy G"

102_0345 (800 x 531).jpg

Thank you for the push Steve. I will probably need a couple more before the day is over. :rofl: Doesn't look like much, but a close look will show .500 removed from the face. Down from 2.5 to 2.0. Now it's time for the rotary table and fun.

"Billy G"

102_0346 (800 x 531).jpg

It's always a pleasure to follow your work. I would be interested in a set of the final drawings when you get a round to it.

I will put you on my list Rick. OK, this is the set-up to shape the part. Centering is extremely important here. "0" is "0" and not a tick more. Every other part depends on this one.

"Billy G"

102_0347 (800 x 531).jpg

The fun has begun. That's a .250 Bullnosed cutter.

"Billy G"

102_0348 (800 x 531).jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back