• Welcome back Guest! Did you know you can mentor other members here at H-M? If not, please check out our Relaunch of Hobby Machinist Mentoring Program!

• In order for the Member Map to work properly, you must allow Google services AND Hobby Machinist to know your location. These settings are found in your browser of choice and in your Hobby Machinist profile.

Winner Home Grown Cutter Grinder

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see said the blind carpenter as he picked up his hammer and saw. It will come into view in another hour or so Steve. That Bullnose cut is the slow one. It has to go .500 deep. :rofl:

"Billy G"

Last edited by a moderator:
While it is setup, will you take the time to chamfer or round-over the outside corner?

Edit: Oh! I see that you spelled out the bull-nose.

Last edited:
I have to stop. Sister-in-law wants to go out to eat. I told her to go ahead without me and now the War Department is on my case. Sheeeeesh !!! Can you see it now Steve ?

"Billy G"

102_0349 (800 x 531).jpg

Could this cut been done on a lathe? I'd like to know your reasoning for choosing a RT. I know theres more than one way to do something.

I suppose the interrupted cut could be an issue.

attachment.php?attachmentid=66749&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1388265161.jpg

And that last photo shows the fillet radius at the bottom of the cut. Was this feature added?

Last edited:
Face is roughed out. Cosmetic cuts left to go after I shape the lower end. Long way to go yet. :rofl: Now I have to go eat. (Cringe)

"Billy G"

102_0350 (800 x 531).jpg

Could this cut been done on a lathe? I'd like to know your reasoning for choosing a RT. I know theres more than one way to do something.

I suppose the interrupted cut could be an issue.

Yes and probably much easier. The interrupted cut should not matter that much. I will do it that way when I finish it off. I will hole it in the 4 jaw by the bore.

"Billy G"

Dan;

The set up maxed my lathe out. This is the largest I can do using the 4 jaw offset. But yes it did it well. The lathe was running at 800 RPM. Six light cuts cleaned it up.

"Billy G"

102_0351 (800 x 531).jpg

Did you just dial in the bore's concentricity with a meter? Or, since the round feature had already been produced, were you only concerned about the face?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back