• Thread starter Deleted member 17524
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 17524

Guest - Please Register!
Guest - Please Register!
Rough shaped using the Vertical Bandsaw. Tomorrow it will look like it should.

"Billy G"

102_0267 (750 x 498).jpg

D

Deleted member 17524

Guest - Please Register!
Guest - Please Register!
Trimmed some more off, everything black will be gone tomorrow. Stop screw and lock will be done tomorrow also.

"Billy G"

102_0269 (750 x 498).jpg

D

Deleted member 17524

Guest - Please Register!
Guest - Please Register!
To finish this part we need the milling machine and rotary table with 4 jawed chuck. An arbor had to be made first. See you soon. :lmao:

"Billy G"

102_0270 (750 x 498).jpg 102_0271 (750 x 498).jpg

D

Deleted member 17524

Guest - Please Register!
Guest - Please Register!
The set-up in the mill and ready to finish. Yes dear I'm coming. :lmao:

"Billy G"

102_0272 (750 x 498).jpg

D

Deleted member 17524

Guest - Please Register!
Guest - Please Register!
OK --- it's round where it should be. :lmao: Now into the vise and the straight cuts. Then drill and tap.

"Billy G"

102_0273 (750 x 498).jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 17524

Guest - Please Register!
Guest - Please Register!
Drill and Tap 2 holes, counterbore 1 of them and slit it. That's it.

"Billy G"

102_0274 (750 x 498).jpg

D

Deleted member 17524

Guest - Please Register!
Guest - Please Register!
Did somebody say drill, tap, counterbore and slit? :lmao::lmao::lmao: That's it for today folks. I set the goal, get it done and stop.

"Billy G"

102_0276 (750 x 498).jpg 102_0277 (750 x 498).jpg

D

Deleted member 17524

Guest - Please Register!
Guest - Please Register!
Cleaned up and locked in place.

"Billy G"

102_0278 (750 x 498).jpg

Rbeckett

Silver
Rest In Peace
Yup!!!! Lookin really good there Bill. And youre making pretty good progress on it too. Wont be long and you'll be figuring out how to tweak the angles to make a resharpened bit cut better than new. Once you start resharpening you can select the material you will use the tool on the most and alter the standard angles to get better performance, right? Kind of like making a cutter especially for Alli or Chrome-Molly or even Stainless and maximizing your ability to pull out proper size chips at the right RPM's? I think I am right, tell me if I still have it all wrong Bill. Sometimes I try to wrap my head around something fairly simple like this and imagine it all wrong and have to go back and relearn it all over again...

Bob

D

Deleted member 17524

Guest - Please Register!
Guest - Please Register!
Thanx Bob and a big thanx to all those Thanks and Likes at the bottom of the posts. Tomorrow I will start the bas and brackets that the stop rides on.

"Billy G"

D

Deleted member 17524

Guest - Please Register!
Guest - Please Register!
Now and Then. :lmao:

"Billy G"

102_0246 (650 x 432).jpg 102_0248 (700 x 465).jpg 102_0279 (750 x 498).jpg

DMS

Active User
Registered
Do you already have a grinding spindle for this contraption?

D

Deleted member 17524

Guest - Please Register!
Guest - Please Register!
No Matt. I will fabricate one myself. I have a copy of Model Engineers Workshop #159. It will be like that one except for the spindle itself. Mine will have tapered roller bearings instead of Ball Bearings. As soon as the Guide Bad is finished I will start on that. That will be the slowest part. Contraption huh. :lmao::lmao::lmao

The spindle itself will come from the Workshop Practice Series #27 "Spindles" by Harprit Sandhu Chapter 13 Page 102.

"Billy G"

D

Deleted member 17524

Guest - Please Register!
Guest - Please Register!
The rod the stop rides on is 3/4 303 Stainless. Here we are adjusting its position to find the center points of the two. When tis is done and the attaching points are made it's on to the grinding spindle itself. After that the new workhead can be tackled. It will use 5C collets.

"Billy G"

102_0280 (750 x 498).jpg

stevecmo

Active User
Registered
Bill,

I can't wait to get up each morning and see the progress on this! I really enjoy the detail you show on your projects. Are you using the Clausing mill on this?

Steve

D

Deleted member 17524

Guest - Please Register!
Guest - Please Register!
My Clausing Mill is the best mill I have ever owned. It is a joy to use. Thank you.

"Billy G"

D

Deleted member 17524

Guest - Please Register!
Guest - Please Register!
I like to use wood patterns as much as possible, it gets expensive when you make errors like this one. The rods are .250 too far apart.

"Billy G"

102_0282 (750 x 498).jpg

D

Deleted member 17524

Guest - Please Register!
Guest - Please Register!
Make them separate entities and the problem is solved. Now on to Aluminum.

"Billy G"

102_0283 (750 x 498).jpg

DMS

Active User
Registered
If you sign up for the Yahoo Quorn group, there are plans for a spindle called the "Broadley" spindle. This is the one I fabricated for my T&C (and incidently, it's the ONLY part I have meed, that project has been on the shelf for some time..). If nothing else, it is a nice design.

Philco

Active User
Registered
Bill In post #37, would you mind showing / telling what you used to slit the infeed stop arm with?
Phil

D

Deleted member 17524

Guest - Please Register!
Guest - Please Register!
If you sign up for the Yahoo Quorn group, there are plans for a spindle called the "Broadley" spindle. This is the one I fabricated for my T&C (and incidently, it's the ONLY part I have meed, that project has been on the shelf for some time..). If nothing else, it is a nice design.
Matt, I have the print for that one. I haven't totally ruled it out yet. It is a nice design.

"Billy G"

- - - Updated - - -

Bill In post #37, would you mind showing / telling what you used to slit the infeed stop arm with?
Phil

The arm was slit with 3 of these gang mounted. It was done in two passes, one from each side. It is just under .125 wide.

"Billy G"

102_0284 (750 x 498).jpg

D

Deleted member 17524

Guest - Please Register!
Guest - Please Register!
Life just got a little easier. I found the outfeed stop in another box.

"Billy G"

102_0285 (750 x 498).jpg

D

Deleted member 17524

Guest - Please Register!
Guest - Please Register!
Man, does it feel good to be doing something again. Thanks guys.

"Billy G"

D

Deleted member 17524

Guest - Please Register!
Guest - Please Register!
Slight change in plans today. I am adding to the job. I will finish all the parts that hold the rods and also I do not like the way that out-feed stop looks along side the one I made for in-feed. I will be making a new one. This should complete the work-holding base parts. I wish one of you welders was close. I could get it all welded to the tray and be done with it. :lmao::lmao:

"Billy G"

D

Deleted member 17524

Guest - Please Register!
Guest - Please Register!
I see a bunch of you watching today, Thank you.

Another trick to show the neophyte the versatility of the four jawed chuck. 3 jaws in one way and 1 the opposite. Any number of combinations can be used. That's a portrait of my sister in law in the back. :lmao::lmao::lmao:

"Billy G"

102_0286 (750 x 498).jpg 102_0287 (750 x 498).jpg

D

Deleted member 17524

Guest - Please Register!
Guest - Please Register!
I just got asked in a PM --- "Why did I show the error made in post #47?" I could have kept going and not showed it just as easily but I like to teach the Neophyte that mistakes can and are made at all skill levels. As you learn more and more they will become less apt to happen, but never will thy go away totally. Hope that answers the question.

"Billy G"

D

Deleted member 17524

Guest - Please Register!
Guest - Please Register!
Rocker arm roughed out with the Vertical Bandsaw.

"Billy G"

102_0288 (750 x 498).jpg

D

Deleted member 17524

Guest - Please Register!
Guest - Please Register!
My little Clausing Mill is running flawlessly. :lmao: Straight passes will only need tweaking after I shape the center.

"Billy G"

102_0289 (750 x 498).jpg

D

Deleted member 17524

Guest - Please Register!
Guest - Please Register!
I think we have been here before? :roflmao: Arbor done, now the fun.

"Billy G"

102_0291 (750 x 498).jpg

D

Deleted member 17524

Guest - Please Register!
Guest - Please Register!
Again, we have been here before. :lmao: Just tweak the straight parts and finish it off.

"Billy G"

102_0292 (750 x 498).jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.