• Welcome back Guest! Did you know you can mentor other members here at H-M? If not, please check out our Relaunch of Hobby Machinist Mentoring Program!

• In order for the Member Map to work properly, you must allow Google services AND Hobby Machinist to know your location. These settings are found in your browser of choice and in your Hobby Machinist profile.

Winner Home Grown Cutter Grinder

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking good Bill. I've been checking this thread at least twice a day, just so you know. I don't comment all the time, but know that I'm watching.:)) Your getting close to assembly time now. I can't wait to see the whole thing assembled and working.

Marcel

Looking good Bill. I've been checking this thread at least twice a day, just so you know. I don't comment all the time, but know that I'm watching.:)) Your getting close to assembly time now. I can't wait to see the whole thing assembled and working.

Marcel

Boy Howdy I wish I was close. There are 10 more parts for this holder alone. Then I have to make the Wheel Spindle. Then comes the mount for the spindle. Loooooong way to go yet Marcel.

"Billy G"

Take your time, Billy. Getting the surface finish where you want it is an important step that one just never finds time to get back to, once the momentum is lost.

Time means nothing to me anymore. I just work till I'm satisfied. I actually have a time clock somewhere.

"Billy G"

Twelve holes 30 degrees apart in the index plate. The 1.5 inch edge is done.

"Billy G"

102_0357 (600 x 399).jpg

Today we work on the mandrel that holds the 5C collet. Part "E" on the print.

"Billy G"

102_0358 (900 x 598).jpg 102_0359 (900 x 598).jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Very nice drawings Bill. I haven't done anything of that detail on paper since school. Everythings in cad now other than initial sketches for me.

Matt;

I don't care for CAD drawings. There seems to be no standard. Some have all the hidden lines etc. and some only have solid lines. There seems to be no happy medium. You are left to figure them out yourself. If you get it wrong, oh well. Just my opinion based on what I have seen.

"Billy G"

Last edited by a moderator:
Matt;

I don't care for CAD drawings. There seems to be no standard. Some have all the hidden lines etc. and some only have solid lines. There seems to be no happy medium. You are left to figure them out yourself. If you get it wrong, oh well. Just my opinion based on what I have seen.

"Billy G"

Bill

Depending on the CAD program, it's up to the person to set what's hidden. If it's 2D each line needs to be set. 3D usually there's a button to select "wireframe, solid, or hidden line. There's also may be an option to hide certain lines to show other features for clarity.

So, yes, it might require a bit of poking around to get hidden lines showing correctly, however, CAD sure makes editing a whole lot easier.

What CAD do you have?

Regards,

Dan

I don't have any CAD program Dan. I'm an old codger, don't need it. At 67 it would take me forever to learn. My opinion comes from prints I have acquired.

"Billy G"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back