[4]

Winner Home Grown Cutter Grinder

• Thread starter Deleted member 17524
  • Start date
[3]
[10] Like what you see?
Click here to donate to this forum and upgrade your account!
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 17524

Guest - Please Register!
Guest - Please Register!
That can be done Stan. I will give it some thought. While I have you here and you others to, what do you think of using a 5 inch diameter. 3 legged spider handle to raise and lower the wheel spindle assembly??

"Billy G"

xalky

Global Moderator
Registered
That can be done Stan. I will give it some thought. While I have you here and you others to, what do you think of using a 5 inch diameter. 3 legged spider handle to raise and lower the wheel spindle assembly??

"Billy G"
I'm not exactly following where that would go, Bill. Are you saying, instead of the brass knob?

D

Deleted member 17524

Guest - Please Register!
Guest - Please Register!
To replace this white knob. That rod raises and lowers the wheel head assembly. Utilizing a spider will speed it up.

"Billy G"102_0516 (800 x 531).jpg

102_0516 (800 x 531).jpg

dave2176

Active User
Registered

"Billy G"

I like it! :thumbsup:

Dave

melsdad

Active User
Registered
Sounds like a cool idea to me Bill!!

sent from my hand held hickymajig

xalky

Global Moderator
Registered
To replace this white knob. That rod raises and lowers the wheel head assembly. Utilizing a spider will speed it up.

"Billy G"View attachment 71679
Oh yeah!!! Spider wheel for sure. :applause:

You're having way too much fun with this. Besides,...... I want to see how you make the spider wheel.:whistle:

Marcel

D

Deleted member 17524

Guest - Please Register!
Guest - Please Register!
This one is too big but it is a start on the concept. It's made from scrap. The finished wheel will be Brass and the legs will be topped with Brass Balls.

"Billy G"

102_0572 (800 x 531).jpg

David S

Active User
H-M Supporter - Gold Member ($25)
This one is too big but it is a start on the concept. It's made from scrap. The finished wheel will be Brass and the legs will be topped with Brass Balls.

"Billy G"
Bill that doesn't work for me, and I have been watching this project faithfully. I think it should be like a wheel with three spokes and a circular periphery.

David

D

Deleted member 17524

Guest - Please Register!
Guest - Please Register!
I really appreciate that you came forward with that David. I was hoping someone would see that. It was a good idea but just doesn't fit the rest of the work. I had to see it to find out. I am going back to the drawing board on this on. Maybe a wheel with a fold down handle. I will get it right.

"Billy G"

xalky

Global Moderator
Registered
I really appreciate that you came forward with that David. I was hoping someone would see that. It was a good idea but just doesn't fit the rest of the work. I had to see it to find out. I am going back to the drawing board on this on. Maybe a wheel with a fold down handle. I will get it right.

"Billy G"
Something like a hand wheel on a lathe with a folding handle....that would be sweet!

D

Deleted member 17524

Guest - Please Register!
Guest - Please Register!
Find me one 3.5 diameter and unbored in Brass and I'll take it. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

"Billy G"

D

Deleted member 17524

Guest - Please Register!
Guest - Please Register!
I found one at 3 inches and can have it plated. Gotta be Brass. :lmao::lmao: Might as well just turn one. Need to get a blank.

"Billy G"

melsdad

Active User
Registered
I found one at 3 inches and can have it plated. Gotta be Brass. :lmao::lmao: Might as well just turn one. Need to get a blank.

"Billy G"
I'm glad to hear you say that Bill.

chuckorlando

Bronze
Registered
Looking good. I agree with all. Spoke or even solid brass wheel over the spider. But either over the white, soon to be brown wheel. ahaha

stevecmo

Active User
Registered
Bill,

Looking good! I agree that the spider just doesn't fit the design. I think the general shape of a collet closer handwheel, turned out of some brass, would look nice. Maybe something similar to this?

Collet Closer.jpg

Steve

Collet Closer.jpg

D

Deleted member 17524

Guest - Please Register!
Guest - Please Register!
We have begun, Brass is everywhere. :rofl::rofl:

"Billy G"

102_0573 (800 x 531).jpg

D

Deleted member 17524

Guest - Please Register!
Guest - Please Register!
Not totally finished yet but we have a winner.

"Billy G"

102_0574 (800 x 531).jpg

D

Deleted member 17524

Guest - Please Register!
Guest - Please Register!
Getting closer. Someone asked in a thread the other day if he really needed a Rotary Table. Hell yes you need one. I don't buy handles. This handle is made from two separate pieces. The larger one was heated to 400 degrees the smaller on was put in the freezer. There is .008 difference between the male and female. Once they cooled there is no way to get them apart. Old school is alive and well in my shop.

"Billy G"

102_0575 (800 x 531).jpg

D

Deleted member 17524

Guest - Please Register!
Guest - Please Register!
Or these two holes 180 degrees apart. You need either the Rotary Table od Dividing Head.

"Billy G"

102_0576 (800 x 531).jpg

David S

Active User
H-M Supporter - Gold Member ($25)
Old school is alive and well in my shop.

"Billy G"
Yup no loctite for you Bill. Nice work. As a hobby machinist I am finding more uses for a rotary table as well.

David

D

Deleted member 17524

Guest - Please Register!
Guest - Please Register!
And, we have a winner folks. Done deal.

"Billy G"

102_0577 (800 x 531).jpg

xalky

Global Moderator
Registered
Ahhh...That's more like it! Sweet!:victory:

D

Deleted member 17524

Guest - Please Register!
Guest - Please Register!
303 Stainless shaft has arrived. Only machining needed here is a 3/8-16 tapped hole in one end and both ends squared. Pivot block material should be here any day now. It's coming UPS.

"Billy G"

102_0578 (800 x 531).jpg

melsdad

Active User
Registered
Handle looks good Bill!!

D

Deleted member 17524

Guest - Please Register!
Guest - Please Register!
Steve gets the thanks for the handle Brian. I wasn't quite sure till I saw the one he posted. I am going to make a speed wrench that fits over the two posts to help move up and down when needed.

"Billy G"

Collet%20Closer.jpg

D

Deleted member 17524

Guest - Please Register!
Guest - Please Register!
There are times when you will need to move the wheelhead up or down in a timely manner. The smaller handle will not accommodate this so a wrench was made.

"Billy G"

102_0579 (800 x 531).jpg 102_0580 (800 x 531).jpg

D

Deleted member 17524

Guest - Please Register!
Guest - Please Register!
More parts for the base. 2 down 4 to go. :rofl:

"Billy G"

102_0581 (800 x 531).jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
[5] [7]