[4]

Winner Home Grown Cutter Grinder

• Thread starter Deleted member 17524
  • Start date
[3]
[10] Like what you see?
Click here to donate to this forum and upgrade your account!
Status
Not open for further replies.

melsdad

Active User
Registered
Wow Bill that looks awesome! !!

sent from my hand held hickymajig

D

Deleted member 17524

Guest - Please Register!
Guest - Please Register!
Parts is parts and there are a lot of them. Today is QC day. By the end of the day everything you see here will be checked for fit and appearance. What needs to be fixed or replaces will be.

"Billy G"

102_0604 (800 x 531).jpg

D

Deleted member 17524

Guest - Please Register!
Guest - Please Register!
"xalky" did the welding for me on the tower base. I am going to wind that part up today. That will complete the wheel hear assembly. I also scored a butcher block for the base itself.1 5/8 thick hard rock maple. I will cut that today also. Next Friday or sooner I should be looking for another project.

"Billy G"

D

Deleted member 17524

Guest - Please Register!
Guest - Please Register!
On the move. :rofl: Half is finished. After the other side is done it will be mounted to the 4 X 4 base.

"Billy G"

102_0606 (800 x 531).jpg

D

Deleted member 17524

Guest - Please Register!
Guest - Please Register!
That's both sides. Now the locks (4) on the left side. Then four bolts to mount it to the base.

"Billy G"

102_0607 (800 x 531).jpg

D

Deleted member 17524

Guest - Please Register!
Guest - Please Register!
Just the 4 side locks to go. The original slide locked by forcing one rail downward against the slide. This only locked one side. My lock will push across the slide forcing it against the other side creating a lock from both edges.

"Billy G"

102_0608 (800 x 531).jpg

D

Deleted member 17524

Guest - Please Register!
Guest - Please Register!
The shop is now shut down for the day. Not a lot was done but it was still a good day. You see, if you can only give 10% of yourself on any given day, it was a good day because you gave it your best shot. There is no such thing as a bad day if you give it all you can.

"Billy G"

102_0609 (800 x 531).jpg

xalky

Global Moderator
Registered
You see, if you can only give 10% of yourself on any given day, it was a good day because you gave it your best shot. There is no such thing as a bad day if you give it all you can.

"Billy G"
If 10% of your "normal self" is the best you can do today, then it really was 100%. :thumbzup:

D

Deleted member 17524

Guest - Please Register!
Guest - Please Register!
Outstanding Marcel -- Most can't grasp the concept. It's not how others feel, it's how you feel.

"Billy G"

D

Deleted member 17524

Guest - Please Register!
Guest - Please Register!
I am in no hurry Chuck. I will get there when I get there. Throughout this project there have been numerous lessons put to the test. These lessons have taken me over 40 years to learn. When it's done, it will be done.

"Billy G"

D

Deleted member 17524

Guest - Please Register!
Guest - Please Register!
Getting a little disorganized around here -- :rofl:. This is where the 4 locking screws will be located. There will also be Brass inserts to keep everything smoooooooth.

"Billy G"

102_0611 (800 x 531).jpg

D

Deleted member 17524

Guest - Please Register!
Guest - Please Register!
This is now a finished assembly. If all goes well for the rest of the day we will start mounting everything tomorrow.

"Billy G"

102_0612 (800 x 531).jpg

D

Deleted member 17524

Guest - Please Register!
Guest - Please Register!
Sometimes things look OK and will work but they are just not OK. I reverted to old school set-screw and nut locks. I went with SS set-screws and brass nuts to keep the appearance up.

"Billy G"

102_0613 (800 x 531).jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

stevecmo

Active User
Registered
Bill,

Good decision. I saw the first pic and thought to myself, "Really.......wing nuts?".

The new setup looks much better. Me likes! :))

Steve

D

Deleted member 17524

Guest - Please Register!
Guest - Please Register!
I just put the Brass inserts in and that tower is tighter than a Frogs butt and that's water tight. I never saw one drown. :rofl::rofl:

"Billy G"

ezduzit

Active User
Registered
It seems that I ate an awful lot of fried frog legs when I was a kid. And I remember that I was pretty good at collecting, preparing and cooking them. But I will defer to your expertise on frog butts. :drink2:

D

Deleted member 17524

Guest - Please Register!
Guest - Please Register!
Today we set the base pan. That is a "Rock Maple" butcher block I scrounged. It is 1 5/8 thick. The pan fits it perfectly. Those small uprights are to align it for some drilling. The outside will be wrapped with 1/8 X 3 aluminum. Everything will be held down with 1/4-20 SS Bolts and threaded inserts. Inserts will be epoxied in.

"Billy G"

102_0614 (800 x 531).jpg 102_0615 (800 x 531).jpg 102_0616 (800 x 531).jpg

D

Deleted member 17524

Guest - Please Register!
Guest - Please Register!
Almost ready to start drilling and mounting the individual assemblies.

"Billy G"

102_0618 (800 x 531).jpg

mgalusha

Active User
Registered
This gets more amazing every time I look at it, just fabulous work.

D

Deleted member 17524

Guest - Please Register!
Guest - Please Register!
Everything centers on the Base rail and micrometer adjuster. That's is all I got installed today. It's perfect. Tomorrow starting with the wheel head assembly we will up the pace a little (MAYBE). :rofl:

"Billy G"

102_0619 (800 x 531).jpg

ezduzit

Active User
Registered
If 10% of your "normal self" is the best you can do today, then it really was 100%. :thumbzup:
Then, between my frequent breaks and morning and afternoon naps, I give it my all! :))

D

Deleted member 17524

Guest - Please Register!
Guest - Please Register!
Will pick it up again in the morning. All centers check out so far.

"Billy G"

102_0621 (800 x 531).jpg

D

Deleted member 17524

Guest - Please Register!
Guest - Please Register!
First up today is the coolant drain. Nothing special, just a PVC Pipe 1 1/2 inch drain.

"Billy G"

102_0622 (800 x 531).jpg

D

Deleted member 17524

Guest - Please Register!
Guest - Please Register!
Moving toward the finish line. Spindle Base is bolted and squared to the rail. Nice welding Marcel. I didn't have to remove any of it. Thank you again.

"Billy G"

102_0623 (800 x 531).jpg

xalky

Global Moderator
Registered
First up today is the coolant drain. Nothing special, just a PVC Pipe 1 1/2 inch drain.

"Billy G"
Nice idea on the drain. Are you gonna setup a little coolant pump or a mister too?

Moving toward the finish line. Spindle Base is bolted and squared to the rail. Nice welding Marcel. I didn't have to remove any of it. Thank you again.

"Billy G"
It's looking good Bill. The aluminum weld didn't come out as pretty as I wanted it to, But I guarantee you it aint gonna fail.:))

Marcel

D

Deleted member 17524

Guest - Please Register!
Guest - Please Register!
No mist here Marcel, full flow adj. at the nozzle. The last of the sub-assemblies are mounted. The one with the wood ring is for location only. That is where the Tooth Rest will go.

"Billy G"

102_0624 (800 x 531).jpg

melsdad

Active User
Registered
I can hear the drum roll Bill!! Things are coming together quickly now.

sent from my hand held hickymajig

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 17524

Guest - Please Register!
Guest - Please Register!
The wood ring and short post have been replaced. Now the clamp and then the "Stylus". I will post a short account of what this part is for when I finish it.

"Billy G"

102_0625 (800 x 531).jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
[5] [7]