• Welcome back Guest! Did you know you can mentor other members here at H-M? If not, please check out our Relaunch of Hobby Machinist Mentoring Program!

• In order for the Member Map to work properly, you must allow Google services AND Hobby Machinist to know your location. These settings are found in your browser of choice and in your Hobby Machinist profile.

Winner Home Grown Cutter Grinder

Status
Not open for further replies.
16 more holes to drill and tap. Then the post mount and it's finished. The power cord will go down thru the post. Tomorrow is another day.

"Billy G"

102_0388 (800 x 531).jpg

Sure will Andy. When I'm done and it's painted it will be gorgeous.

Thank you for the kind words Steve.

"Billy G"

Every wire is inside and set. It got a little crowded when the receptacle was added. I put it in so I could have a removable cord. Now we can pretty up the box. This part might have seemed like childs play to some of you but it was a monumental tssk for me.

"Billy G"

102_0389 (800 x 531).jpg 102_0390 (800 x 531).jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I see three wires coming in, but two are white. Is one of them your earth ground? If so, I would either replace it with a green wire, or tape it off with green tape so you don't get mixed up. The neutral is going to be close to ground potential, assuming the person that wired your hose didn't swap the hot and the neutral at the outlet. Best to make sure that your safety ground is safe. If you can't get a real ground in there, I would consider replacing the metal enclosure with a plastic one if I were you.

The two white and one black are from the motor. In England they are actually two white, one blue. I don't totally understand how they work. I think it is two windings on the motor. Everything works fine at this point. I've had it running. The ground (green) will be moved. The power cord will have a male plug at both ends. One for the house receptacle the other for the receptacle on the side of the box.

"Billy G"

102_0391 (800 x 531).jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Bill if I read you correctly, having a power cord with males on each end is an accident waiting to happen. I guess it was difficult find a male inlet for your enclosure?

David

The power cord will have a male plug at both ends.

Don't ever do that! That's called a suicide cord, for obvious reasons. Put a male connector on the machine and female on the cord. The IEC 6032 connectors used on computers are a good choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back