• Thread starter Deleted member 17524
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 17524

Guest - Please Register!
Guest - Please Register!
I don't think so Tony. I got this idea from "David Haythornthwaite" Do you have a link to that one you asked about?

"Billy G"

D

Deleted member 17524

Guest - Please Register!
Guest - Please Register!
That is close but the construction is more complicated. I will look more at that one for sure. It's not too late to change things. I really need to look at the work heads. Thanks for the link. I have the Quorn book coming. This project is about to stretch out more. :))

"Billy G"

Tony Wells

Platinum
Registered
That one does look involved, but quite nice. If I didn't have my eye on one already, that one would be on my project list.

D

Deleted member 17524

Guest - Please Register!
Guest - Please Register!
I just printed out all 75 pages. That TCG is amazing. It is incredible how close it is to the one I am building.

"Billy G"

Tony Wells

Platinum
Registered
I thought I saw some resemblance. Maybe help you engineer the missing pieces for yours.

D

Deleted member 17524

Guest - Please Register!
Guest - Please Register!
Hope this is focused. Here is the one I am building. Kind of squashed but you can see it. :rofl:

"Billy G"

102_0308 (750 x 1129).jpg

D

Deleted member 17524

Guest - Please Register!
Guest - Please Register!
Nah, I just stretch it out to make it more interesting. :rofl:

"Billy G"

D

Deleted member 17524

Guest - Please Register!
Guest - Please Register!
The Bonelle is a beautiful piece of engineering. I almost want to finish mine off and built it. I wish I had seen it before I started, too late to stop now. There is one feature that I am going to try and incorporate into mine, that feature is the ability to angle the wheel head. If you wish to look follow the link Tony left and go to section "C". I spent 4 hours going over those prints. If you wish to build that one rest assured they are clean of errors. It can be accomplished by most of you.

"Billy G"

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 17524

Guest - Please Register!
Guest - Please Register!
If the tracking numbers are correct the Aluminum 4x4 tube gets here today, the steel for the spindle gets here tomorrow and the steel plate on Wednesday.

"Billy G"

D

Deleted member 17524

Guest - Please Register!
Guest - Please Register!
UPS came thru with the Aluminum and the Quorn Book is 4 days early.

"Billy G"

102_0311 (750 x 498).jpg

D

Deleted member 17524

Guest - Please Register!
Guest - Please Register!
Yes, the TCG I am building is based on the Quorn using the TipLap as the base.. If you take a close look at the Bonelle it is also.

"Billy G"

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 17524

Guest - Please Register!
Guest - Please Register!
I liked the little gear hobber.

"Billy G"

D

Deleted member 17524

Guest - Please Register!
Guest - Please Register!
An hour in the milling machine with a flycutter and we have the pedestal base. Took .025 to clean up the four faces.

"Billy G"

102_0314 (750 x 498).jpg

RandyM

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
Staff member
H-M Supporter - Gold Member ($25)
Bill, you're an artist just turning out masterpieces.

xalky

Global Moderator
Registered
It's looking good Bill.

It's another snowy day in CT...agreat day to spend in the shop!:))

Bill did you get my PM the other day?

Marcel

D

Deleted member 17524

Guest - Please Register!
Guest - Please Register!
Marcel;

If you ever get up this way I will take you to Wolcott and the scrapper I use. I get Aluminum for half what you do. Thank you all again for the kind words. I'm just another Bozo on the bus of life.

"Billy G" :rofl:

Rbeckett

Silver
Rest In Peace
Bozo, errr Bill,
Your definitely driving the bus on this one. That tool you are building is so elegant I cannot wait for you to finish it and show us what it will do. I'm pretty sure a build as sweet as yours is way beyond my current skill level, but now I have something to shoot at for a great project in the future. I'm sure once my mill arrives I will dull a few end mills and cutters pretty quick till I get the hang of proper speeds and feeds with regular and climb milling. Please keep up the great photo essay and explanations, I can even understand them so your keepin it simple for the rest of us on the short bus... Have a great rest of the day!!!

Bob

Hawkeye

Active User
H-M Supporter - Gold Member ($25)
Looking great, Bill. Just thought I'd show what my spindle is like. It's a bit more complete than this photo, but not much. The 'X' is where I added a handle for the quick tilt feature. Grind the edge of a flute, swing the tool away from the grinder with a quarter turn, slide the spindle back, more in again and repeat for the next flute. The spindle is R8, since I have a full set of collets.

P3180031a.jpg

P3180031a.jpg

D

Deleted member 17524

Guest - Please Register!
Guest - Please Register!
Thank you Mike. That is a heavy duty spindle for sure.

"Billy G"

D

Deleted member 17524

Guest - Please Register!
Guest - Please Register!
How come nobody asked how square the pedestal is ??? :rofl:

"Billy G"

102_0315 (750 x 498).jpg 102_0316 (750 x 498).jpg

xalky

Global Moderator
Registered
We all just figured you had this under control.:whistle:

D

Deleted member 17524

Guest - Please Register!
Guest - Please Register!
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: Never overlook the obvious. :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: But then again, if I make an error I tell you all about it and how it happened.

"Billy G"

Status
Not open for further replies.