• Welcome back Guest! Did you know you can mentor other members here at H-M? If not, please check out our Relaunch of Hobby Machinist Mentoring Program!

• In order for the Member Map to work properly, you must allow Google services AND Hobby Machinist to know your location. These settings are found in your browser of choice and in your Hobby Machinist profile.

Winner Home Grown Cutter Grinder

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Bill,
There is something very special about your work, and it shines thru on this beautiful tool and cutter grinder.
Congratulations, on winning project of the month.
Thank You for sharing,
Jon

Congratulations on the project of the month Bill! Now go sharpen something and show us how you did it.:lmao:

Marcel

I would love to Marcel but no wheels yet. I will see what I have here.

"Billy G"

Great Job I have a dovetail cutter you can practice on!!! Very nice work.. Ray

I would like to take a moment to thank the entire membership for following along and prodding me now and then to keep me going. It would have been easy to get burned out on this one. I hope the newbies got the message that a full compliment shop is not needed to complete something like this. Again thank you all. It really was fun. Some of the operations brought back many memories, not all good ones, but fun.

I wish all of you good luck on what-ever you choose as a project. Till next time, Have Fun.

"Billy G"

Bill, your work is the most inspiring work that anyone could view. You should consider putting this build into a book form with pictures for everyone to see what can be done in the home shop. I feel this should be the Project of the year! Great Work!

Bill this has been an awesome thread. I think it was a no brainer to be nominated for project of the month.

I have a modest shop for mostly small work as in old clock repair and restoration. I like to repair of make parts rather than buy. I also don't have a full service show. My motto is "know your limit... work within it". And sometimes it takes a bit of innovation and ingenuity. You have demonstrated what can be done with limited but optimal tools. I have learned a lot.

A very sincere thank you.

David

All I can say is Wow! Beautiful work there, Bill! Thanks for taking us along on the ride and for the pics. :applause:

GREAT job Bill!! This thread demonstrates what can be done at home when one sets ones mind to it. I really enjoy your posts as well. Thanks for your efforts for all of us.

The two white and one black are from the motor. In England they are actually two white, one blue. I don't totally understand how they work. I think it is two windings on the motor. Everything works fine at this point. I've had it running. The ground (green) will be moved. The power cord will have a male plug at both ends. One for the house receptacle the other for the receptacle on the side of the box.

"Billy G"

2 male plugs is a significant safety hazard and not a good practice at all. If the plug comes out of the box end, it will be hot and exposed and could result in fire or electrocution. They make a recessed plug for computer equipment that will allow you to use a standard computer power supply cord to connect your box. You can pull one off of any old desktop computer for free.

John

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back