• Welcome back Guest! Did you know you can mentor other members here at H-M? If not, please check out our Relaunch of Hobby Machinist Mentoring Program!

• In order for the Member Map to work properly, you must allow Google services AND Hobby Machinist to know your location. These settings are found in your browser of choice and in your Hobby Machinist profile.

Winner Home Grown Cutter Grinder

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow bill, I figured you had posted this and it was gonna be a nice slow build I could follow along with. Next thing I know you're halfway done with the dang thing ;) Looking good in any case, and I'm excited to see the end product.

Not really doing anything right now other than making the part I had been given into something that will work for me. It will slow down real soon. So far I have only made two blocks and a washer. The grinder in posts #16&#17 is not mine. :lmao: Hang in there.

"Billy G"

Last edited by a moderator:
Now we slow down Matt. This is the bushing that the infeed stop will be mounted to. It is at the right end of the work head base. 3 mounting holes to drill and tap yet. A lot of parts need to be made as they are either missing or the existing ones won't work.

"Billy G"

102_0258 (700 x 465).jpg 102_0259 (700 x 465).jpg

When mounted it will look like this one.

"Billy G"

untitled (700 x 465).jpg

But I trust you will do the countersinks the correct size.

That's funny Tony. If the rest of you hadn't noticed the countersinks in the photo are too small. Good catch. Don't really need to countersink them. I'm going with SS Button heads. There is plenty of room.

"Billy G"

That's just the OCD kicking in, Bill.

I try to avoid countersinking that close to a shoulder anyway. You have to have some odd-ball OD tool for that most of the time. In production, you just grind the OD to what you need, but for a one-off......I avoid it. Button heads ought to be plenty strong for that application.

This part is now done. The holes are not a mistake. I cut them to the outside so that I can leave them slightly loose during assembly. This allows the Bushing to self-align.

"Billy G"

102_0260 (700 x 465).jpg

Going to try and get this part done today if I have the stock. 3/4 X 3 X 6 -- 6061. It's the Infeed Stop Arm.

"Billy G"

102_0262 (750 x 498).jpg

Drilled and tapped the Work Head Base 6-32. It did self align during tightening. This is the part that the arm will attach to.

"Billy G"

102_0263 (750 x 498).jpg

The arm is started. Newbies take heed. Look at how the part is chucked up. This, although doable. is NOT to be taken for granted. Care must be observed and low spindle RPM adhered to. If you are going to try it and are not comfortable with it, DO NOT ATTEMPT IT.

"Billy G"

102_0264 (750 x 498).jpg 102_0265 (750 x 498).jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back