• Welcome back Guest! Did you know you can mentor other members here at H-M? If not, please check out our Relaunch of Hobby Machinist Mentoring Program!

• In order for the Member Map to work properly, you must allow Google services AND Hobby Machinist to know your location. These settings are found in your browser of choice and in your Hobby Machinist profile.

Winner Home Grown Cutter Grinder

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rough shaped using the Vertical Bandsaw. Tomorrow it will look like it should.

"Billy G"

102_0267 (750 x 498).jpg

Trimmed some more off, everything black will be gone tomorrow. Stop screw and lock will be done tomorrow also.

"Billy G"

102_0269 (750 x 498).jpg

To finish this part we need the milling machine and rotary table with 4 jawed chuck. An arbor had to be made first. See you soon. :lmao:

"Billy G"

102_0270 (750 x 498).jpg 102_0271 (750 x 498).jpg

The set-up in the mill and ready to finish. Yes dear I'm coming. :lmao:

"Billy G"

102_0272 (750 x 498).jpg

OK --- it's round where it should be. :lmao: Now into the vise and the straight cuts. Then drill and tap.

"Billy G"

102_0273 (750 x 498).jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Drill and Tap 2 holes, counterbore 1 of them and slit it. That's it.

"Billy G"

102_0274 (750 x 498).jpg

Did somebody say drill, tap, counterbore and slit? :lmao::lmao::lmao: That's it for today folks. I set the goal, get it done and stop.

"Billy G"

102_0276 (750 x 498).jpg 102_0277 (750 x 498).jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Cleaned up and locked in place.

"Billy G"

102_0278 (750 x 498).jpg

Yup!!!! Lookin really good there Bill. And youre making pretty good progress on it too. Wont be long and you'll be figuring out how to tweak the angles to make a resharpened bit cut better than new. Once you start resharpening you can select the material you will use the tool on the most and alter the standard angles to get better performance, right? Kind of like making a cutter especially for Alli or Chrome-Molly or even Stainless and maximizing your ability to pull out proper size chips at the right RPM's? I think I am right, tell me if I still have it all wrong Bill. Sometimes I try to wrap my head around something fairly simple like this and imagine it all wrong and have to go back and relearn it all over again...

Bob

Thanx Bob and a big thanx to all those Thanks and Likes at the bottom of the posts. Tomorrow I will start the bas and brackets that the stop rides on.

"Billy G"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back