• Welcome back Guest! Did you know you can mentor other members here at H-M? If not, please check out our Relaunch of Hobby Machinist Mentoring Program!

• In order for the Member Map to work properly, you must allow Google services AND Hobby Machinist to know your location. These settings are found in your browser of choice and in your Hobby Machinist profile.

Winner Home Grown Cutter Grinder

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now and Then. :lmao:

"Billy G"

102_0246 (650 x 432).jpg 102_0248 (700 x 465).jpg 102_0279 (750 x 498).jpg

Do you already have a grinding spindle for this contraption?

No Matt. I will fabricate one myself. I have a copy of Model Engineers Workshop #159. It will be like that one except for the spindle itself. Mine will have tapered roller bearings instead of Ball Bearings. As soon as the Guide Bad is finished I will start on that. That will be the slowest part. Contraption huh. :lmao::lmao::lmao

The spindle itself will come from the Workshop Practice Series #27 "Spindles" by Harprit Sandhu Chapter 13 Page 102.

"Billy G"

Last edited by a moderator:
The rod the stop rides on is 3/4 303 Stainless. Here we are adjusting its position to find the center points of the two. When tis is done and the attaching points are made it's on to the grinding spindle itself. After that the new workhead can be tackled. It will use 5C collets.

"Billy G"

102_0280 (750 x 498).jpg

Bill,

I can't wait to get up each morning and see the progress on this! I really enjoy the detail you show on your projects. Are you using the Clausing mill on this?

Steve

My Clausing Mill is the best mill I have ever owned. It is a joy to use. Thank you.

"Billy G"

I like to use wood patterns as much as possible, it gets expensive when you make errors like this one. The rods are .250 too far apart.

"Billy G"

102_0282 (750 x 498).jpg

Make them separate entities and the problem is solved. Now on to Aluminum.

"Billy G"

102_0283 (750 x 498).jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
If you sign up for the Yahoo Quorn group, there are plans for a spindle called the "Broadley" spindle. This is the one I fabricated for my T&C (and incidently, it's the ONLY part I have meed, that project has been on the shelf for some time..). If nothing else, it is a nice design.

Bill In post #37, would you mind showing / telling what you used to slit the infeed stop arm with?
Phil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back