• Welcome back Guest! Did you know you can mentor other members here at H-M? If not, please check out our Relaunch of Hobby Machinist Mentoring Program!

• In order for the Member Map to work properly, you must allow Google services AND Hobby Machinist to know your location. These settings are found in your browser of choice and in your Hobby Machinist profile.

Winner Home Grown Cutter Grinder

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you sign up for the Yahoo Quorn group, there are plans for a spindle called the "Broadley" spindle. This is the one I fabricated for my T&C (and incidently, it's the ONLY part I have meed, that project has been on the shelf for some time..). If nothing else, it is a nice design.

Matt, I have the print for that one. I haven't totally ruled it out yet. It is a nice design.

"Billy G"

- - - Updated - - -

Bill In post #37, would you mind showing / telling what you used to slit the infeed stop arm with?
Phil

The arm was slit with 3 of these gang mounted. It was done in two passes, one from each side. It is just under .125 wide.

"Billy G"

102_0284 (750 x 498).jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Life just got a little easier. I found the outfeed stop in another box.

"Billy G"

102_0285 (750 x 498).jpg

Man, does it feel good to be doing something again. Thanks guys.

"Billy G"

Slight change in plans today. I am adding to the job. I will finish all the parts that hold the rods and also I do not like the way that out-feed stop looks along side the one I made for in-feed. I will be making a new one. This should complete the work-holding base parts. I wish one of you welders was close. I could get it all welded to the tray and be done with it. :lmao::lmao:

"Billy G"

I see a bunch of you watching today, Thank you.

Another trick to show the neophyte the versatility of the four jawed chuck. 3 jaws in one way and 1 the opposite. Any number of combinations can be used. That's a portrait of my sister in law in the back. :lmao::lmao::lmao:

"Billy G"

102_0286 (750 x 498).jpg 102_0287 (750 x 498).jpg

I just got asked in a PM --- "Why did I show the error made in post #47?" I could have kept going and not showed it just as easily but I like to teach the Neophyte that mistakes can and are made at all skill levels. As you learn more and more they will become less apt to happen, but never will thy go away totally. Hope that answers the question.

"Billy G"

Rocker arm roughed out with the Vertical Bandsaw.

"Billy G"

102_0288 (750 x 498).jpg

My little Clausing Mill is running flawlessly. :lmao: Straight passes will only need tweaking after I shape the center.

"Billy G"

102_0289 (750 x 498).jpg

I think we have been here before? :roflmao: Arbor done, now the fun.

"Billy G"

102_0291 (750 x 498).jpg

Again, we have been here before. :lmao: Just tweak the straight parts and finish it off.

"Billy G"

102_0292 (750 x 498).jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back