• Welcome back Guest! Did you know you can mentor other members here at H-M? If not, please check out our Relaunch of Hobby Machinist Mentoring Program!

• In order for the Member Map to work properly, you must allow Google services AND Hobby Machinist to know your location. These settings are found in your browser of choice and in your Hobby Machinist profile.

Winner Home Grown Cutter Grinder

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's it for today. I'm tired.

"Billy G"

102_0293 (750 x 498).jpg 102_0294 (750 x 498).jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
On the out-feed stop and on the in-feed stop. Not a particularly good day, but not a bad one either. :rofl: Tomorrow we will finish this part up.

"Billy G"

102_0295 (750 x 498).jpg 102_0296 (750 x 498).jpg

OK, all the parts are made. Just a little cosmetic work to go. I can take my time from here.

"Billy G"

102_0297 (750 x 498).jpg 102_0298 (750 x 498).jpg 102_0299 (750 x 498).jpg

When you finally get it all done, can you show how it works? I'm following your build and wondering how all of the pieces are adjusted to allow you to properly sharpen an endmill.

When done I am getting some help to do a video. The adjustments are not as difficult as it looks. Thank you for asking.

"Billy G"

Won't the pan be too flimsy, by itself, to stabilize all those separate stand-offs? I was 1/2 expecting to see you fabricate a solid, thick, sub-base to tie it all together.

Haven't gotten that far yet. That pan is .250 thick at the bottom. I can fabricate a sub frame if needed or not use it at all and fabricate a new one. This one is just a place to start. Thank you for seeing that.

"Billy G"

Haven't gotten that far yet. That pan is .250 thick at the bottom. I can fabricate a sub frame if needed or not use it at all and fabricate a new one. This one is just a place to start. Thank you for seeing that.

"Billy G"

.025?

They only had one of these pans. It is for commercial use, that's why I chose it. It is actually two pans with only one having the roll-over on the edge. The other is held fast under the roll-over. As you can see it's quite thick. Sorry for any confusion. I should have explained this earlier. I also asked the place to call me if they got any more like this one.

"Billy G"

102_0300 (750 x 498).jpg

I did see the pan there, but I thought it was just a place to hold your things. I'm also thinking it would need to be more rigid. It's a great day to hide out in the shop, it's snowing over here. :allgood:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back