• Welcome back Guest! Did you know you can mentor other members here at H-M? If not, please check out our Relaunch of Hobby Machinist Mentoring Program!

• In order for the Member Map to work properly, you must allow Google services AND Hobby Machinist to know your location. These settings are found in your browser of choice and in your Hobby Machinist profile.

Winner Home Grown Cutter Grinder

Status
Not open for further replies.
At 1/4 inch thick that pan does not flex at all. It is not a normal baking pan. Someone had 6 made and seven came in. I got #7. Take a look at the pans on your machines, if they are steel they will most likely be only .125 thick.

"Billy G"

Last edited by a moderator:
:lmao: LOL. I should have paid closer attention. I thought it read .025 not .250.... :footinmouth:

I see a bunch of you watching today, Thank you.

Another trick to show the neophyte the versatility of the four jawed chuck. 3 jaws in one way and 1 the opposite. Any number of combinations can be used. That's a portrait of my sister in law in the back. :lmao::lmao::lmao:

"Billy G"

Billy I haven't been around here much lately but I just finished reading this whole post. nice job your doing as usual.

And one other thing you should be nicer to your sister in-law :rofl:, I'm lucky I don't have one.

Paul

That is 1/4" of rather soft aluminum (so they could roll the edge). It may feel rigid but you could measure a lot of deflection if you torque it. Its stiffness is further compromised by it being laminated from 2 pieces.

When finished it will be bolted to 1.5 inches of Rock Maple Table. That should take out any problem that will arise. Bottom line is I'm not the least bit worried of the outcome either way. Thank you again for the observation. All observations are greatly appreciated, I can't see everything.

"Billy G"

Just scored what I need to make the pedestal that the Grind Spindle and components mount to. 4 X 4 X 1/2 wall Aluminum Square Tube 24" long.

"Billy G"

Thank you Randy.

OK the grind head pedestal is in mock up. Again we incorporated wood because the exact height is not yet known. The Grinding head will have two adjustments, height and fore and aft location. As you can see the pan is filling up fast now.

"Billy G"

102_0302 (800 x 531).jpg

With this part mocked up I can get the exact height and location dimensions tomorrow. The center, up and down, is the center of the spindle. Wood is good. :rofl::rofl:

"Billy G"

102_0303 (750 x 498).jpg

We have a height. Had to lower the pedestal 1.000" to get center. At this dimension we can raise or lower the head 2.5" for a total of 5.00" total. More than enough. The cupped wheels are 3.00" diameter.

"Billy G"

102_0304 (750 x 498).jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back