• Welcome back Guest! Did you know you can mentor other members here at H-M? If not, please check out our Relaunch of Hobby Machinist Mentoring Program!

• In order for the Member Map to work properly, you must allow Google services AND Hobby Machinist to know your location. These settings are found in your browser of choice and in your Hobby Machinist profile.

Winner Home Grown Cutter Grinder

Status
Not open for further replies.
An hour in the milling machine with a flycutter and we have the pedestal base. Took .025 to clean up the four faces.

"Billy G"

102_0314 (750 x 498).jpg

Bill, you're an artist just turning out masterpieces.

It's looking good Bill.

It's another snowy day in CT...agreat day to spend in the shop!:))

Bill did you get my PM the other day?

Marcel

Marcel;

If you ever get up this way I will take you to Wolcott and the scrapper I use. I get Aluminum for half what you do. Thank you all again for the kind words. I'm just another Bozo on the bus of life.

"Billy G" :rofl:

Bozo, errr Bill,
Your definitely driving the bus on this one. That tool you are building is so elegant I cannot wait for you to finish it and show us what it will do. I'm pretty sure a build as sweet as yours is way beyond my current skill level, but now I have something to shoot at for a great project in the future. I'm sure once my mill arrives I will dull a few end mills and cutters pretty quick till I get the hang of proper speeds and feeds with regular and climb milling. Please keep up the great photo essay and explanations, I can even understand them so your keepin it simple for the rest of us on the short bus... Have a great rest of the day!!!

Bob

Looking great, Bill. Just thought I'd show what my spindle is like. It's a bit more complete than this photo, but not much. The 'X' is where I added a handle for the quick tilt feature. Grind the edge of a flute, swing the tool away from the grinder with a quarter turn, slide the spindle back, more in again and repeat for the next flute. The spindle is R8, since I have a full set of collets.

P3180031a.jpg

P3180031a.jpg

Thank you Mike. That is a heavy duty spindle for sure.

"Billy G"

How come nobody asked how square the pedestal is ??? :rofl:

"Billy G"

102_0315 (750 x 498).jpg 102_0316 (750 x 498).jpg

We all just figured you had this under control.:whistle:

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: Never overlook the obvious. :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: But then again, if I make an error I tell you all about it and how it happened.

"Billy G"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back