• Welcome back Guest! Did you know you can mentor other members here at H-M? If not, please check out our Relaunch of Hobby Machinist Mentoring Program!

• In order for the Member Map to work properly, you must allow Google services AND Hobby Machinist to know your location. These settings are found in your browser of choice and in your Hobby Machinist profile.

Winner Home Grown Cutter Grinder

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a water-tight fitting you can use.
pl1215052-australia_type_straight_gland_electric_pvc_conduit_and_fittings_ip68_waterproof_pvc_ca.jpg

pl1215052-australia_type_straight_gland_electric_pvc_conduit_and_fittings_ip68_waterproof_pvc_ca.jpg

Is there anything available other than this type of wire clamp? It's UGLY. I am also going to fuse the line as suggested. Didn't see Molly walk in. She never misses a chance to be seen.

"Billy G"

Search for "strain relief". There's a million different kinds. Heyco is a popular brand. I get them off old junk electronics and appliances.

Last edited:
Here is a link to a company that makes many kinds of strain reliefs. Look up by cod size and search the net for the part number. They are sold all over. Thanks for all the good info you post.

http://www.aifittings.com/catalog/cord-grips/

Thank you all. That last one says "Made In USA", I like that. Side note, I stopped at Sears Hardware. Last 6 days before they close. I bought 2 rolls of 18 gage three wire -- 250 ft./roll for 2 cents/ft.

"Billy G"

I like the type ezduzit showed. They are usually available in the big box stores, but you have to find the right shelf ;) Near me, they are usually near the fittings for flexible conduit.

Could not find a non-metallic one but this will do. The fuse holder will go lower right front.

"Billy G"

102_0394 (800 x 531).jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: Okie Dokie.

"Billy G"

- - - Updated - - -

It will be one clean looking machine when finished.

"Billy G"

102_0395 (800 x 531).jpg

Could not find a non-metallic one but this will do. The fuse holder will go lower right front.

"Billy G"

The only time a metallic gland like that would be an issue is if you had a plastic enclosure. Because the gland is metal, and is attached to the metal box (which is grounded) you are solid. The problem you run into with plastic enclosures and metal fittings is that the box is not grounded, so you have to either ground all the fittings (a major PITA), or you risk a loose wire making those fittings "hot".

Mockup's lookin` good.

Thank you Matt. Got the edges started. I will fill in the bolt heads with JB Weld and finish it up tomorrow. I am going to keep the round-over subtle.

"Billy G"

102_0396 (800 x 531).jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back