• Welcome back Guest! Did you know you can mentor other members here at H-M? If not, please check out our Relaunch of Hobby Machinist Mentoring Program!

• In order for the Member Map to work properly, you must allow Google services AND Hobby Machinist to know your location. These settings are found in your browser of choice and in your Hobby Machinist profile.

Winner Home Grown Cutter Grinder

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quitting for the day. Locking screws are in. Again they are Stainless.

"Billy G"

102_0553 (800 x 531).jpg

No corner rounding? Slacker! :))

Do you use Tef-Gel on ss threads in aluminum? That's what we've found to work best in a marine environment.

Bill what do you use to cut the slots where the screws go? end mill or slitting blade or ?

David

I gang sawed them with a pair of 1/16 slitting saws this time David.

"Billy G"

This time I am quitting. Fitting the back before drilling.

"Billy G"

102_0554 (800 x 531).jpg

First two screws are in. I have to ask my scrapper what they used to cut this stuff. The edge looks like it was cut on a table saw.

"Billy G"

102_0555 (800 x 531).jpg

If I am understanding you correctly the only holes that were predrilled were the four on each wing. They are #25 tap drill size for 10-24. When clamped they were used to guide the #25 into the back. Then tapped.

"Billy G"

Minor finishing and we move on to the pivot block. Molly says Hi.

"Billy G"

102_0558 (800 x 531).jpg 102_0557 (800 x 531).jpg

That's her "What the hell are you doin" face.:rofl: I also find it easier to post when I take a break from an operation.

OK--- The back is now square and perpendicular to the Spindle center line. This, for you new fellas, is an extremely important operation for a smooth drive. Again, the flycutter is you best friend.

"Billy G"

102_0559 (800 x 531).jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back