• Welcome back Guest! Did you know you can mentor other members here at H-M? If not, please check out our Relaunch of Hobby Machinist Mentoring Program!

• In order for the Member Map to work properly, you must allow Google services AND Hobby Machinist to know your location. These settings are found in your browser of choice and in your Hobby Machinist profile.

Winner Home Grown Cutter Grinder

Status
Not open for further replies.
The engine had to be mover to the back burner . I had a wedding to take care of then the need for this grinder. It will be picked up again and finished.

"Billy G"

Other that the POTD thread this one has to be a record. I am humbled by the numbers. Thank you all.

Views --- 17,004

Replies --- 614

Visitors --- 512.

Last edited by a moderator:
Your work and depth there of has earned them views. Theres serious business going on in here. ahaha

I am still waiting on the Stainless Tower piece. So while stalled we will clean all of the parts and paint what we can. Hope it doesn't take much longer. I need it to do the "Pivot Block" as they are a fitted assembly.

"Billy G"

I am still waiting on the Stainless Tower piece. So while stalled we will clean all of the parts and paint what we can. Hope it doesn't take much longer. I need it to do the "Pivot Block" as they are a fitted assembly.

"Billy G"

When I had to wait for the grease seals for my toolpost grinder, it seemed like a month!

----Really nice project, Bill... Really nice.

Ray

I hope it won't be that long Ray. They said by Wednesday. There is still plenty to do till they get here. I will probably make the Adjustment screws and bars today. I can also make the large binder for the tower. There are many small things to do. It's coming together nicely.

"Billy G"

I hope it won't be that long Ray. The said by Wednesday. There is still plenty to do till they get here. I will probably make the Adjustment screws and bars today. I can also make the large binder for the tower. There are many small things to do. It's coming together nicely.

"Billy G"

It's funny how projects always seem to go... When you're in the middle of it, it seems like there is no end -and it feels that way right up to the last moment and all the sudden, bingo... It's done. Right at that time, it makes you feel happy but also a little sad because now you need to think of your next project.

Ray

The upper pivot adjuster is finished. This pair of adjusters (upper and lower) allows you to tweak the height of the wheel if needed when a turn of the raising thread will be too much. I'm not quite sure how I will feel when this one is done Ray. It sure has had its moments.

"Billy G"

102_0563 (800 x 531).jpg

That's both of them. Yes, I cheated with the all-thread.:roflmao: Yes, it's stainless steel.

"Billy G"

102_0564 (800 x 531).jpg

I like the knobs. And the camera caught the light, just right, on the one.

Still think you'll wish you had softened the sharp corners on the spindle clamps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back