• Welcome back Guest! Did you know you can mentor other members here at H-M? If not, please check out our Relaunch of Hobby Machinist Mentoring Program!

• In order for the Member Map to work properly, you must allow Google services AND Hobby Machinist to know your location. These settings are found in your browser of choice and in your Hobby Machinist profile.

Winner Home Grown Cutter Grinder

Status
Not open for further replies.
Getting closer. Someone asked in a thread the other day if he really needed a Rotary Table. Hell yes you need one. I don't buy handles. This handle is made from two separate pieces. The larger one was heated to 400 degrees the smaller on was put in the freezer. There is .008 difference between the male and female. Once they cooled there is no way to get them apart. Old school is alive and well in my shop.

"Billy G"

102_0575 (800 x 531).jpg

Or these two holes 180 degrees apart. You need either the Rotary Table od Dividing Head.

"Billy G"

102_0576 (800 x 531).jpg

And, we have a winner folks. Done deal.

"Billy G"

102_0577 (800 x 531).jpg

303 Stainless shaft has arrived. Only machining needed here is a 3/8-16 tapped hole in one end and both ends squared. Pivot block material should be here any day now. It's coming UPS.

"Billy G"

102_0578 (800 x 531).jpg

Handle looks good Bill!!

sent from my hand held hickymajig

Steve gets the thanks for the handle Brian. I wasn't quite sure till I saw the one he posted. I am going to make a speed wrench that fits over the two posts to help move up and down when needed.

"Billy G"

Collet%20Closer.jpg

There are times when you will need to move the wheelhead up or down in a timely manner. The smaller handle will not accommodate this so a wrench was made.

"Billy G"

102_0579 (800 x 531).jpg 102_0580 (800 x 531).jpg

More parts for the base. 2 down 4 to go. :rofl:

"Billy G"

102_0581 (800 x 531).jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back