• Welcome back Guest! Did you know you can mentor other members here at H-M? If not, please check out our Relaunch of Hobby Machinist Mentoring Program!

• In order for the Member Map to work properly, you must allow Google services AND Hobby Machinist to know your location. These settings are found in your browser of choice and in your Hobby Machinist profile.

Winner Home Grown Cutter Grinder

Status
Not open for further replies.
No clean today either. I want to get this last major part done today. The two steps for the swing adjustment are done here. Just the two pivot bolt holes to go. The print calls for two set screws with 60 degree points. I am going to use shoulder screws in their place.

"Billy G"

102_0587 (800 x 531).jpg

The Spindle Elevator sans the Motor and Spindle

"Billy G"

102_0589 (800 x 531).jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Pivot holes in the frame are drilled and reamed to .375. Now to transfer them to the pivot block. Then drill and tap the block. This will complete the pivot assembly.

"Billy G"

102_0590 (800 x 531).jpg

10 degrees up or down. All set.

"Billy G"

102_0591 (800 x 531).jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I sure am glad this assembly had no binding problems. Now all that is left is minor in comparison. The light at the end of the tunnel is much brighter now. :rofl::rofl:

"Billy G"

102_0592 (800 x 531).jpg

Bill it sure would be cool if you could post a video once you get grinding tools.

sent from my hand held hickymajig

Bill it sure would be cool if you could post a video once you get grinding tools.

+1 on that. I too would love to see this thing in action. This has been the coolest thread.
Thanks again for sharing, :applause:
Dave

I was thinking of sending a shoe-box full of dulled end mills that I need sharpened. :))

You guys are something else. I just want to see it work. :rofl::rofl: 98 days so far, average 4.6 hours per day = 441 hours so far. Materials, don't go there. :lmao: It really is nice to know what you guys think. This was not the everyday, run of the mill project. The pressure is off and it should be smooth sailing to the end. As for the video, we will see.

"Billy G"

You guys are something else. I just want to see it work. :rofl::rofl: 98 days so far, average 4.6 hours per day = 441 hours so far. Materials, don't go there. :lmao: It really is nice to know what you guys think. This was not the everyday, run of the mill project. The pressure is off and it should be smooth sailing to the end. As for the video, we will see.

"Billy G"

At $50/hr that's $22,050.00. At $4.00/cutter (what some random Web site is advertising) you'll earn that back after only 5,513 cutters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back