• Welcome back Guest! Did you know you can mentor other members here at H-M? If not, please check out our Relaunch of Hobby Machinist Mentoring Program!

• In order for the Member Map to work properly, you must allow Google services AND Hobby Machinist to know your location. These settings are found in your browser of choice and in your Hobby Machinist profile.

Winner Home Grown Cutter Grinder

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been busy working on the bridgeport so I aint kept track last few days. Looks good. When you say one piece binder, do you mean it's cut to fit the radius of the shaft it's binding and works kinda like a set screw?

Looks great Bill

Chuck;

I will be working on that binder today. You will see how it works as opposed to the other binders. Stay tuned. Nice score on the Bridgeport.

"Billy G"

102_0593 (800 x 531).jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Here it is, the binder, the cap, and the nut. With the binder in place the cap goes outside the frame. The nut pushes against the cap and in turn pulls the binder out to tighten against the shaft. The reason I am a little skeptical is that the binder is only holding from one side. On a split binder both halves hold. The jury is still out on this one.

"Billy G"

102_0594 (800 x 531).jpg 102_0595 (800 x 531).jpg

The jury has reached a verdict. That bushing is held in place by a minimum of pressure on the binder. A hammer won't move it. Looks like it's a keeper.

"Billy G"

102_0596 (800 x 531).jpg

Almost finished, just a few small things to go.

"Billy G"

102_0597 (800 x 531).jpg

Very nice and not at all what I had pictured. It kinda side loads it which is what I was thinking. But I was picturing a shaft with the radius cut in the end. That would more or less press into it as it was screwed in.

At any rate, nice man

The end is near. Odds and ends and then mounting. This is the first time all parts are seen together.

"Billy G"

102_0598 (800 x 531).jpg 102_0599 (800 x 531).jpg

The Wheelhead base plate, drive, belt guard and wheel guard are left. This really has been fun. :rofl: This photo was taken with lights off.

"Billy G"

102_0601 (800 x 531).jpg

Good thing you had the light off.........you could have been blinded! :roflmao:

That thing is awesome Bill. Outstanding work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back