• Welcome back Guest! Did you know you can mentor other members here at H-M? If not, please check out our Relaunch of Hobby Machinist Mentoring Program!

• In order for the Member Map to work properly, you must allow Google services AND Hobby Machinist to know your location. These settings are found in your browser of choice and in your Hobby Machinist profile.

Winner Home Grown Cutter Grinder

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow Bill that looks awesome! !!

sent from my hand held hickymajig

Parts is parts and there are a lot of them. Today is QC day. By the end of the day everything you see here will be checked for fit and appearance. What needs to be fixed or replaces will be.

"Billy G"

102_0604 (800 x 531).jpg

"xalky" did the welding for me on the tower base. I am going to wind that part up today. That will complete the wheel hear assembly. I also scored a butcher block for the base itself.1 5/8 thick hard rock maple. I will cut that today also. Next Friday or sooner I should be looking for another project.

"Billy G"

On the move. :rofl: Half is finished. After the other side is done it will be mounted to the 4 X 4 base.

"Billy G"

102_0606 (800 x 531).jpg

That's both sides. Now the locks (4) on the left side. Then four bolts to mount it to the base.

"Billy G"

102_0607 (800 x 531).jpg

Just the 4 side locks to go. The original slide locked by forcing one rail downward against the slide. This only locked one side. My lock will push across the slide forcing it against the other side creating a lock from both edges.

"Billy G"

102_0608 (800 x 531).jpg

The shop is now shut down for the day. Not a lot was done but it was still a good day. You see, if you can only give 10% of yourself on any given day, it was a good day because you gave it your best shot. There is no such thing as a bad day if you give it all you can.

"Billy G"

102_0609 (800 x 531).jpg

You see, if you can only give 10% of yourself on any given day, it was a good day because you gave it your best shot. There is no such thing as a bad day if you give it all you can.

"Billy G"
If 10% of your "normal self" is the best you can do today, then it really was 100%. :thumbzup:

Outstanding Marcel -- Most can't grasp the concept. It's not how others feel, it's how you feel.

"Billy G"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back