• Welcome back Guest! Did you know you can mentor other members here at H-M? If not, please check out our Relaunch of Hobby Machinist Mentoring Program!

• In order for the Member Map to work properly, you must allow Google services AND Hobby Machinist to know your location. These settings are found in your browser of choice and in your Hobby Machinist profile.

Winner Home Grown Cutter Grinder

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am in no hurry Chuck. I will get there when I get there. Throughout this project there have been numerous lessons put to the test. These lessons have taken me over 40 years to learn. When it's done, it will be done.

"Billy G"

Getting a little disorganized around here -- :rofl:. This is where the 4 locking screws will be located. There will also be Brass inserts to keep everything smoooooooth.

"Billy G"

102_0611 (800 x 531).jpg

This is now a finished assembly. If all goes well for the rest of the day we will start mounting everything tomorrow.

"Billy G"

102_0612 (800 x 531).jpg

Sometimes things look OK and will work but they are just not OK. I reverted to old school set-screw and nut locks. I went with SS set-screws and brass nuts to keep the appearance up.

"Billy G"

102_0613 (800 x 531).jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Bill,

Good decision. I saw the first pic and thought to myself, "Really.......wing nuts?".

The new setup looks much better. Me likes! :))

Steve

I just put the Brass inserts in and that tower is tighter than a Frogs butt and that's water tight. I never saw one drown. :rofl::rofl:

"Billy G"

It seems that I ate an awful lot of fried frog legs when I was a kid. And I remember that I was pretty good at collecting, preparing and cooking them. But I will defer to your expertise on frog butts. :drink2:

Today we set the base pan. That is a "Rock Maple" butcher block I scrounged. It is 1 5/8 thick. The pan fits it perfectly. Those small uprights are to align it for some drilling. The outside will be wrapped with 1/8 X 3 aluminum. Everything will be held down with 1/4-20 SS Bolts and threaded inserts. Inserts will be epoxied in.

"Billy G"

102_0614 (800 x 531).jpg 102_0615 (800 x 531).jpg 102_0616 (800 x 531).jpg

Almost ready to start drilling and mounting the individual assemblies.

"Billy G"

102_0618 (800 x 531).jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back