• Welcome back Guest! Did you know you can mentor other members here at H-M? If not, please check out our Relaunch of Hobby Machinist Mentoring Program!

• In order for the Member Map to work properly, you must allow Google services AND Hobby Machinist to know your location. These settings are found in your browser of choice and in your Hobby Machinist profile.

Winner Home Grown Cutter Grinder

Status
Not open for further replies.
This gets more amazing every time I look at it, just fabulous work.

Everything centers on the Base rail and micrometer adjuster. That's is all I got installed today. It's perfect. Tomorrow starting with the wheel head assembly we will up the pace a little (MAYBE). :rofl:

"Billy G"

102_0619 (800 x 531).jpg

If 10% of your "normal self" is the best you can do today, then it really was 100%. :thumbzup:

Then, between my frequent breaks and morning and afternoon naps, I give it my all! :))

Will pick it up again in the morning. All centers check out so far.

"Billy G"

102_0621 (800 x 531).jpg

First up today is the coolant drain. Nothing special, just a PVC Pipe 1 1/2 inch drain.

"Billy G"

102_0622 (800 x 531).jpg

Moving toward the finish line. Spindle Base is bolted and squared to the rail. Nice welding Marcel. I didn't have to remove any of it. Thank you again.

"Billy G"

102_0623 (800 x 531).jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
First up today is the coolant drain. Nothing special, just a PVC Pipe 1 1/2 inch drain.

"Billy G"
Nice idea on the drain. Are you gonna setup a little coolant pump or a mister too?

Moving toward the finish line. Spindle Base is bolted and squared to the rail. Nice welding Marcel. I didn't have to remove any of it. Thank you again.

"Billy G"
It's looking good Bill. The aluminum weld didn't come out as pretty as I wanted it to, But I guarantee you it aint gonna fail.:))

Marcel

No mist here Marcel, full flow adj. at the nozzle. The last of the sub-assemblies are mounted. The one with the wood ring is for location only. That is where the Tooth Rest will go.

"Billy G"

102_0624 (800 x 531).jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I can hear the drum roll Bill!! Things are coming together quickly now.

sent from my hand held hickymajig

Last edited:
The wood ring and short post have been replaced. Now the clamp and then the "Stylus". I will post a short account of what this part is for when I finish it.

"Billy G"

102_0625 (800 x 531).jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back