• Welcome back Guest! Did you know you can mentor other members here at H-M? If not, please check out our Relaunch of Hobby Machinist Mentoring Program!

• In order for the Member Map to work properly, you must allow Google services AND Hobby Machinist to know your location. These settings are found in your browser of choice and in your Hobby Machinist profile.

Winner Home Grown Cutter Grinder

Status
Not open for further replies.
Single Pulley has two brass machine screws holding it to the spigot. The double has two "Dutchmen". On to the grooves.

"Billy G"

102_0634 (800 x 531).jpg

Where is RayC? 30* included angle, 10* side rake both sides. Needs a 1/8" radius on the nose with the same rake an we can cut the grooves. That is hand ground folks. You could shave with that edge. :lmao: The tool is 3/8 X 3/8 X 6 Cobalt.

"Billy G"

102_0635 (800 x 531).jpg 102_0636 (800 x 531).jpg

Where is RayC? 30* included angle, 10* side rake both sides. Needs a 1/8" radius on the nose with the same rake an we can cut the grooves. That is hand ground folks. You could shave with that edge. :lmao: The tool is 3/8 X 3/8 X 6 Cobalt.

"Billy G"

Nice job Bill!
I learned years ago it's not worth my time to hand grind it's seems to me with all the sine bars and toolmaker vises I've been able to grind the tool the repeat again if needed. I'm probable spoiled with my surface grinder but I like the repeatability when grinding a tool of that nature. Again that's a great job you did by hand.

Todd

That's it for the Drive Pulley. The groove profile looks much better that that. I didn't hold it straight. The slight angle makes it look funny. Sorry.

"Billy G"

102_0638 (800 x 531).jpg 102_0639 (800 x 531).jpg

That's it for the Drive Pulley.

"Billy G"

Bill what type of drive belt are you using? I didn't think about it till now but my Brown & Sharpe 618 uses o-rings to drive the spindle on the grinder there are 6.

Todd

I'm going with 3/8" round belts also. My local hardware store carries it. It is continuous length and you epoxy the ends together. I have never seen a joint fail.

"Billy G"

Both are done now. I believe they are the last two parts. One more check before final assembly. It's been one heck of a journey.

"Billy G"

102_0640 (800 x 531).jpg

I'm going with 3/8" round belts also. My local hardware store carries it. It is continuous length and you epoxy the ends together. I have never seen a joint fail.

"Billy G"

Bill could you provide a link or a name for the belt.

Thank you David

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back