• Welcome back Guest! Did you know you can mentor other members here at H-M? If not, please check out our Relaunch of Hobby Machinist Mentoring Program!

• In order for the Member Map to work properly, you must allow Google services AND Hobby Machinist to know your location. These settings are found in your browser of choice and in your Hobby Machinist profile.

Winner Home Grown Cutter Grinder

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, that's a beauty! I had not seen that before. Makes the little Atlas I've been working on look like a toy.

Bill, I hope you are serious. I've had many hours of entertainment watching your builds!

My breath is seriously bated. :))

Yes Steve, I am serious. I've wanted one for a long time now. This project went well so the Shaper should also. it will take longer that's all. I can already see it in green. :rofl::rofl:

"Billy G"

That's an ambitious project, but I have total confidence that you can pull it off Bill. Time to start amassing some materials! :))

Marcel

Personally, I'm partial to orange, but I suppose it would look OK in green too. As a side note, I got a refill of my argon tank yesterday, and I traded up my grey bottle for an orange one that matches my welding cart :thumbsup:

Man thats gonna take alot of metal right there. I cant wait to watch that come together. Awesome

Up on 4 legs. You can see the drainpipe here. Kind of looks like catering equipment at this point.

"Billy G"

102_0651 (800 x 531).jpg

We are down to the wire. Paint touch up today and it goes together for the last time. Two guards (belt and wheel) and the aprons and it's over. Everything must come to an end sooner or later.

Every part is now finish painted. 3 coats.

"Billy G"

102_0652 (800 x 531).jpg

It looks awesome Bill!

Personally, I like it without the belt guard. :))

Sharpen something, will ya!

Marcel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back