• Welcome back Guest! Did you know you can mentor other members here at H-M? If not, please check out our Relaunch of Hobby Machinist Mentoring Program!

• In order for the Member Map to work properly, you must allow Google services AND Hobby Machinist to know your location. These settings are found in your browser of choice and in your Hobby Machinist profile.

Winner Home Grown Cutter Grinder

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are down to the wire. Paint touch up today and it goes together for the last time. Two guards (belt and wheel) and the aprons and it's over. Everything must come to an end sooner or later.

Next step is to get it dirty. We get pictures of your first tool, don't we?

Grinding wheels should be here tomorrow. I will post some pics and try a video to explain the adjustments for setting up.

"Billy G"

Last edited by a moderator:
That thing is so pretty. I hope you get a vid up as I would love to see how it all works. It's so pretty I would just set it on a shelf as a trophy ahahaha

102_0659 (800 x 531).jpg

The Cutter Grinder is at it's new station where my lathe used to be.. Now to put it to work. Thank you all for following along. As said it has been one h-e-l-l of a journey but fun.

"Billy G"

Last edited by a moderator:
Bill
all I can say is WOW. What a fine piece of equipment you have built there. I don't think that any manufacturer's Cutter Grinder could be any better. As has been stated before I would hope you would give us some more of your time and do a video of some of the uses of this. Fantastic work! You have given us all a level to aspire to. Thanks for sharing.

The Cutter Grinder is at it's new station where my lathe used to be.. Now to put it to work. Thank you all for following along. As said it has been one h-e-l-l of a journey but fun.

"Billy G"

That would have fit right in in a Ladish Co. toolroom in the 1960s. All it lacks is a Gruby Manufacturing Co. nameplate.

Ahhhhhh, home sweet home!

That thing looks fantastic sitting on that card file. I assume all of those drawers are now full of freshly sharpened cutters. :whistle:

I would love to find one of those card files at a decent price. The pricing on the ones I've found is out of site.

Just beautiful Bill.

Gorgeous! You now have to redo your entire shop to match the beauty of the card file/bench and cutter grinder. :)) Really sweet.

Pictures of my modest shop will be coming soon in the "Show Us Your Shop".

"Billy G"

Bill, that's a thing of beauty. Congratulations on another great project.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back