• Welcome back Guest! Did you know you can mentor other members here at H-M? If not, please check out our Relaunch of Hobby Machinist Mentoring Program!

• In order for the Member Map to work properly, you must allow Google services AND Hobby Machinist to know your location. These settings are found in your browser of choice and in your Hobby Machinist profile.

Winner Home Grown Cutter Grinder

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm jealous. My bucket list is the size of a 55 gallon drum. Don't know when I could start a project like this. I think I have my answer as to trying to get into the sharpening business. I hope to get a coolant system the floods rather than just mists for my BD. I will have to make some splash sides for it but I believe it will do better. I want to be able to use it on my surface grinder too.

I'm a bit late to this party and I hope you will forgive me this threadomancy, but I just had to express my appreciation and gobsmacktitude at this phenomenal piece of work, the effort and dedication that went into it and your thoughtful sharing of your knowledge.

Thank you! You are an inspiration to every budding machinist, and probably the old hands too.

(PS You never did post about how it performs! :))

I think he was afraid we were going to send him all our dull end mills for sharpening.

In the meantime I picked up this like new Baldor carbide grinder for $600.

baldor-500-1_zpsee2pas05.jpg

Last edited:
Nope not that, I just forgot. It had speed problems at first. RPMs were not steady. It was the belt. It was on the hairy edge of being loose. New belt fixed it all up. It can grind anything it can hold. It has gone way beyond my expectations.

"Billy G"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back