Home Made Lathe Omg

I'm impressed,
Home made mill, surface grinder, lathe's
Bet there's more,
I'm guessing he started off welding and the fabrication continued .

Noticed the person also used the shopmade lathe to “climb mill”!

That shop made lathe / mill must be pretty tight the way he is climb milling on it , no sign of chatter or grabbing.

Pretty inspiring video, thanks for posting Tom. Also what makes us the most dangerous animal on the planet, and as noted above we are awfully good at using it against each other. Just imagine what an amazing world we could have if we all worked together toward common goals. Kinda like this forum, but on a much grander scale. Well, I 'm going to hold onto that thought, and continue to ignore the "news". Cheers, Mike

This video series reminds me of a book series (that I don't own- it's in my amazon wish list!) called "Build Your Own Metalworking Shop From Scrap" by David Gingery. https://www.amazon.com/dp/1878087355/

Some of you might already have it. Some of you might enjoy it if you don't have it already. And some of you might wish for it (like I do) and put it on a list somewhere...

I saw some plastic calipers when he was making his aluminium donut in the 1st. And some steel verniers in the 4th. Interestingly he improved on the tool post design on his smaller lathe

Cheers Phil

Found this by accident while surfing utube. If you watch all 6 parts you will be amazed what some people will see in a pile of scrap and what their imagination can do, as they don't see problems they see solutions.
safety Nazis beware!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-As4...
I sa that guys videos and watched all of them a while back. He's a skilled craftsman. Makes one realize how good we have things in the USA. In some parts of the world... Finding a used lathe requires a father-in law who is a high ranking Politburo Official.

I watched the casting video and the lathe assembly video and was impressed with his dogged perseverance to build a lathe
out of what he had at hand. I wouldn't be too quick to judge him by his apparel.

Back