"Home Shop Machinist" and "Machinist's Workshop" Magazines: Retail Locations?

gjmontll

Active User
H-M Supporter - Silver Member
For years, I've made monthly visits to my local Barnes&Noble store to see if the current issues of either "Home Shop Machinist" or "Machinist's Workshop" had anything of interest. I'd also glance at Village Press's other related magazine, "Digital Machinist." If so, several times a year, I'd buy a copy.
But for the past month or so, I fail to see these magazines at my local B&N. The store's information desk had no information on their status.
Village Press's website doesn't indicate any discontinuation of these publications, so does anyone know of other retail sources? Maybe other not too distant B&Ns would have them, however the B&N website does not list them in its long list of magazines.
Greg

I've noticed some copies at Tractor Supply Company.
There might not be too many TSC stores near Escondido. Nearest one for me 135 miles.

I have noticed the same thing at B&N. They only have that model machinist magazine from the UK.

Printed word, especially those sources that need to be paid for seem to be quickly going the way of the dodo bird unfortunately!

I've noticed some copies at Tractor Supply Company.
There might not be too many TSC stores near Escondido. Nearest one for me 135 miles.
Thanks, actually there's a TSC 10 miles from here, in Valley Center. I didn't know until I looked it up.

So I used to do the same thing. I started with a subscription of both magazines but thought that there was to much stuff in them that didn't interest me so dropped the subscription. Started going to a magazine store to get them with the idea that if they had something interesting I purchased them if not i'd pass. Same thing happened all of a sudden they didn't have them or it was touch and go. According to the store it was up to the magazine supplier to stock or not stock differant magazines. So I am again back to the subscription for the last couple years. Also determined that both magazines still have things I don't care about but in the long run they still are very good with information. Many times the stuff I am not interested in still have machineing things that may come in handy. My advise is to just give up on the magazine stores and just get the subscriptions to the magazines and you will always get them.

Yesterday, MarkDavis said Tractor Supply Company carries the magazines and I was surprised to see they have a store in Valley Center, just 10 miles from home. So today, wife and I drove up there to check. Indeed, they had Home Shop Machinest and it had an article or two of interest (as I'd verified checking on the Village Press website before setting out.) No Machinist's Workshop on their rack, but maybe it's the off month.
Thank you all for solving my problem.
Greg

Back