Homemade Ab Roller, By Ulma Doctor

Good job Mike. I made one of those for my wife several years ago
but I would have to dig in the pile of bicycles ,treadmill,
ab cruncher, exercise ball, ankle weights, workout mats,
workout ball, mini tramp, thigh buster,
and hundreds of workout tapes to find it.

MIke,

If you are into multi-tasking, you could use the AB-ROLLER to make tortillas or lefse:encourage: or possibly gold leaf with a little modification.....:grin:

:boxed in: Keep thinking outside the box..................(KTOTB):encourage:

Pretty sure that in recent times, if I were to use that thing, the bar might not be big enough in diameter or the bearings might fail. :blue:

In the interests of over-complicating and overbuilding I'm wondering if changing the diamter of the wheel changes the effort or strength required.
I'm guessing that the smaller wheel requires greater flexibility as it would put your shoulders closer to the floor.
How about adding back-gears or intentionally increasing the drag requiring you to push or plow when going out.
Perhaps even a clutch which would have separate in and out drag intensities.
Would a very very narrow wheel require more balance?

Daryl
MN

I have to say I really like your "run flat" wheel barrel tire and axle. Nice job. Might be a bit tough in sand or mud, but should be fine on hard pack or pavement.

MIke,
If you are into multi-tasking, you could use the AB-ROLLER to make tortillas or lefse:encourage: or possibly gold leaf with a little modification.....:grin:
:boxed in: Keep thinking outside the box..................(KTOTB):encourage:
Thank you very much cathead, i like your thinking!!! :grin:

Pretty sure that in recent times, if I were to use that thing, the bar might not be big enough in diameter or the bearings might fail. :blue:
Thanks for looking Ray, you got me laughing here!
Great Job! I love the shrink tube idea.
thank you very much for reading, the shrink tube seemed better than bicycle handlebar wrap
In the interests of over-complicating and overbuilding I'm wondering if changing the diamter of the wheel changes the effort or strength required.
I'm guessing that the smaller wheel requires greater flexibility as it would put your shoulders closer to the floor.
How about adding back-gears or intentionally increasing the drag requiring you to push or plow when going out.
Perhaps even a clutch which would have separate in and out drag intensities.
Would a very very narrow wheel require more balance?
Daryl
MN
Hi Daryl,
I suppose a change of diameter would alter the resistance!
the smaller wheel would also take a longer period of time to roll a set distance, giving more workout time per stroke! i like it!!! :grin:
I have to say I really like your "run flat" wheel barrel tire and axle. Nice job. Might be a bit tough in sand or mud, but should be fine on hard pack or pavement.
Thank you very much Bob, i was trying to use materials that i had on hand.
i don't think the tire will ever go flat, but i have not tested it in offroad situations yet! LOL:grin:

Last edited:
Back