Homemade backhoe

absoulty georgeous dont bad I got trouble spelling my own name. two stage pumps way ta go

Bravo! Well done. I would say your English is much better than my French. The backhoe is very cool.

Tom

Very nice work!

Do not concern yourself about your use of English. We were all able to understand your meaning, which is what matters!

Très beau travail. Vos soudures air vraiment bon!

Quelle est la taille tracteur chevaux utilisez-vous avec elle?

Very nice work. Your welds look really good!

What horsepower size tractor do you use with it?

Very good and interesting. You must be very good with CAD and stress analysis.

Great Job.

Ray

In response to Rbeckett at his question : how much break out force does it have?

I don't know. Here in France, when we rent a excavator, this is the weight of the machine which is considered. By example, I rented a 2,7 tons excavator several time before I made my backhoe. But I didn't know how break out forces they had. So it is not easy to response.
However, if it is the maximum force applied on the teeth of the bucket, it is about 1,6 tons provided by the bucket cylinder.

In response to Goat Driver at his question : What horsepower size tractor do you use with it?

I have two tractor. One Mc Cormick FU 237 D (1962) which is 30hp. And the other is a Mc cormick 423 (1967) 40hp. The 237 is better because it has a front loader. The 423 is easily displaced by the backhoe when it is digging.

In response to Goat Driver at his question : DAN_IN_MN :What CAD did you use?

Solidworks

I noticed that you have a fair amount of sliding going on with your outriggers. Take a look at this guys outriggers and what he uses to keep from sliding around. I'm sure his machine is a lot lighter than your tractor.

[video=youtube_share;a9lmPVXMprk]http://youtu.be/a9lmPVXMprk[/video]

Maybe if you added a larger foot that would have more surface area.

Here are my 2 tractors.

The Mc Cormick FU 237D
FU237D.jpg
The IH 423
IH423 02.jpg
This two tractors were made in France. I don't know if this models did exist in US.

DAN_IN_MN > Yes, you re right. It slide a lot. But only with the 423. Because the Backhoe's force raise up the rear wheels without difficulties. And because there is no brake in the front wheels, the tractor is easily moved away. With his front loader, the 237 has not this problem. In the video I notice that the ground is soft to dig. No stones. In this conditions, I have no big problem even with the 423. But in my home the ground is much more hard with a lot of limestone.
However this chassis is not well adapted. Like I said above, I have to design a new one more appropriate. This one is not enough wide.

But for the moment, I keep this one, because I have a lot of new projects. I will made a wood grinder. The plans are ready to cut the sheet metal. But the taxes are fallen this week... And I have to wait 2 months before order the cutting (the taxes in France :angry:...).
I have another project which may interest you I think. I want to modify this antique lifter :

Manitou MC6.JPG
I want to install this mast on it :
mat Boss 01.jpg
(I had installed it on the 423 but it is very very dangerous so I quickly stopped to use it).
This mast lift at more than 5,2 meters. With a nacelle, it is possible to work at 6,5 meters from the ground. Interresting to work on the frame of my future shed and other works.
And I will made a dump to transform it into a dumper. The problem whit my backhoe is that it is not easy to approach enough the trailer in all the case to load it. So a dumper is easier to approach.
And the last modification is to install hydraulics brake because this machine don't brake at all. My 237 have the same problem and I have installed a car brake system on it. I will make the same thing on the lifter.

Here a few pictures more of the making of my backhoe :

Machining the blade (special steel called "creusabro" here) :
Fabrication lame 01.jpgFabrication lame 02.jpgFabrication lame 03.jpg
Welding the bucket :
Fabrication godet 01.jpgFabrication godet 03.jpg
Pre heating of the blade :
Fabrication godet 04.jpgFabrication godet 05.jpg
Making of the front arm :
fabrication av bras 02.jpgfabrication av bras 03.jpgfabrication av bras 07.jpg

Painting
Peinture 01.jpgPeinture 02.jpg

Bye

Manitou MC6.JPG mat Boss 01.jpg Fabrication lame 01.jpg Fabrication lame 02.jpg Fabrication lame 03.jpg Fabrication godet 03.jpg Fabrication godet 04.jpg Fabrication godet 05.jpg fabrication av bras 02.jpg fabrication av bras 03.jpg fabrication av bras 07.jpg Peinture 01.jpg Peinture 02.jpg Fabrication godet 01.jpg FU237D.jpg IH423 02.jpg

Back