[4]

homemade tool & cutter grinder (step by step)

[3]
[10] Like what you see?
Click here to donate to this forum and upgrade your account!

celsoari

Iron
Registered Member
friends started to build my universal tool & cutter grinder. I'm recording all the steps and I'm posting the first two videos, whoever wants to follow the construction sign up for the youtube channel to receive the updates.

greetings from Brazil
Celso Ari

brino

Active User
H-M Supporter - Sustaining Member
Cool! Thanks for sharing.
popcorn.gif

-brino

kvt

Active User
H-M Supporter-Premium Member
What kind of motor is that AC, DC size. Looks like a little modification would allow you to use it as a Tool post grinder as well.
Watching it. Have your youtube marked as well

celsoari

Iron
Registered Member
its ac 3 phase motor. and yes i think use as grinder in lathe...but there much work yet

brino

Active User
Nice!
I like your choice of music in the video too.
-brino

celsoari

Iron
Registered Member
Thanks Brino
Greetings from Brazil
Celso Ari

Eddyde

Staff member
Great job, and nice videos too. :encourage:

MikeInOr

What kind of motor is that AC, DC size. Looks like a little modification would allow you to use it as a Tool post grinder as well.
Watching it. Have your youtube marked as well
That was exactly what I was thinking! It looks like it would make a great tool post grinder.

Great videos and really nice workmanship! I hope you show the grinder in action in a video?

What size is the 3ph motor? HP?

It looks like you drew up your plans the old fashioned way, graphite on vellum? It still prefer a drafting pencil and drafting machine to cadd... and I am a computer nerd. Is there any way you might share your plans with us?

Last edited:

celsoari

Iron
Registered Member
That was exactly what I was thinking! It looks like it would make a great tool post grinder.

Great videos and really nice workmanship! I hope you show the grinder in action in a video?

What size is the 3ph motor? HP?

It looks like you drew up your plans the old fashioned way, graphite on vellum? It still prefer a drafting pencil and drafting machine to cadd... and I am a computer nerd. Is there any way you might share your plans with us?
I use 3/4 HP motor at 3,460 rpm.
the plans I made quickly on wrapping paper and pencil and pen, just to cut the pieces. I just did the part of the engine. unfortunately it was dirty with grease and I ended up throwing away. but I believe that through the video it is possible to have an idea of the construction. I do not use cad because I'm very bad at computers.
if you have any doubts about the construction, I'll be happy to help you (if the translation allows - here we speak Portuguese and I speak very little English, the language barrier is a difficult thing)
thanks for comment
greetings from Brazil
Celso Ari

brino

Active User
here we speak Portuguese and I speak very little English, the language barrier is a difficult thing
You are doing VERY well here in english.
Thanks for sharing your great work!
-brino

brino

Active User
Celso,

Great as usual!
I really enjoy your mix of still photos, video and music.

Everytime I see a part of your shop, EVERY VIDEO, I want to know more about another tool!
Did you make the base to turn the Makita grider into a "chop saw"?
Is it a 9" makita?

Thanks,
-brino

celsoari

Iron
Registered Member
Thanks Brino, you are too kind.
Yes, I make a chop saw . Makita Grinder 9"
There a vídeo about:

Silverbullet

Nice build so far , I like the use of the bearing glides . I plan on using some to build a taper attachment. Nice table you made too. Good looking job .

celsoari

Iron
Registered Member
Nice build so far , I like the use of the bearing glides . I plan on using some to build a taper attachment. Nice table you made too. Good looking job .
Thanks Friend
Greetings from Brazil
Celso Ari

[6]
[5] [7]