homemade tool & cutter grinder (step by step)

What kind of motor is that AC, DC size. Looks like a little modification would allow you to use it as a Tool post grinder as well.
Watching it. Have your youtube marked as well

That was exactly what I was thinking! It looks like it would make a great tool post grinder.

Great videos and really nice workmanship! I hope you show the grinder in action in a video?

What size is the 3ph motor? HP?

It looks like you drew up your plans the old fashioned way, graphite on vellum? It still prefer a drafting pencil and drafting machine to cadd... and I am a computer nerd. Is there any way you might share your plans with us?

Last edited:
That was exactly what I was thinking! It looks like it would make a great tool post grinder.

Great videos and really nice workmanship! I hope you show the grinder in action in a video?

What size is the 3ph motor? HP?

It looks like you drew up your plans the old fashioned way, graphite on vellum? It still prefer a drafting pencil and drafting machine to cadd... and I am a computer nerd. Is there any way you might share your plans with us?

I use 3/4 HP motor at 3,460 rpm.
the plans I made quickly on wrapping paper and pencil and pen, just to cut the pieces. I just did the part of the engine. unfortunately it was dirty with grease and I ended up throwing away. but I believe that through the video it is possible to have an idea of the construction. I do not use cad because I'm very bad at computers.
if you have any doubts about the construction, I'll be happy to help you (if the translation allows - here we speak Portuguese and I speak very little English, the language barrier is a difficult thing)
thanks for comment
greetings from Brazil
Celso Ari

here we speak Portuguese and I speak very little English, the language barrier is a difficult thing

You are doing VERY well here in english.
Thanks for sharing your great work!
-brino

Celso,

Great as usual!
I really enjoy your mix of still photos, video and music.

Everytime I see a part of your shop, EVERY VIDEO, I want to know more about another tool!
Did you make the base to turn the Makita grider into a "chop saw"?
Is it a 9" makita?

Thanks,
-brino

Back