HOMESHOPTECH.COM

Frank Ford

Active User
Registered
HOMESHOPTECH is a site I put up when I started getting more serious about metal work and machining. It served as a chronicle of my activities and a serious learning experience as I wrote about my work. After my open-heart surgery in 2011, it has pretty much been up as an archive. Coincident with my health issues, I quit serving it off my Mac at home, and never quite got back into keeping it up. Things may change, though.

Meanwhile, I still have FRETS.COM as an archive of my lutherie articles, and continue to contribute on my guitar shop's site, GRYPHONSTRINGS.COM.

Oh, and there's also FRANKSCRANKS.COM where I'll post more about that stuff later on. . .

Frank, would you like to work with us to place your sites on our server and keep them up from here with assistance from our staff?
We have the ability to make portals and join them onto this site, which would make things easier. Just a thought.

Nelson -

Thanks for the thought! We've started a heavy push here at the shop to pump out content for social media and our store Web site that it's teking quite a toll on spare time. For my part, I'm generating more photos and articles on the lutherie craft and general items for musicians to post. Jeez - we're trying for a post a day on Facebook and Instagram - that means all of us taking a lot of pix. We've talked about adding my sites to Gryphon's but still haven't figured out how we'd want to handle it. I think I'll probably add more to FRETS, and HOMESHOPTECH, keeping them as simple html pages.

The current Gryphon site is Ruby, and beyond my understanding, although I'm getting up to speed on WordPress to at least keep posting my own content. My Frank's Cranks article is an outgrowth of that. As I was assembling the photos, I thought it might be fun to post them as a project here. I'll have a simpler version on the Gryphon site, more tailored to musicians, of course.

Hope the crank making project isn't too commercial for you. . .

Door is open Frank to whatever you would like to do here. We could portal any of your sites from here to our server and help you out with running it to make life less stressful for you. I know you had a health scare some time ago. I don't know anything about Gryphon, but we have ready-made members, and staff for you here if you want to consider it.

Hi Frank,

I just wanted to say thanks for homeshoptech.com. I learned a lot from it. But also it has been a source of inspiration of what can be accomplished with a bit of planning and effort!

Thanks again.
With respect,
Andy Noyes

I also just discovered and read a bunch of the entries in your site. Forehead-slapping brilliant. The magnets inside the plastic bag will be installed tonight.
thanks!
Tim

Back