Hon, why do you have so many tools

If wife ever asks why she doesn't get roses anymore ask her why she doesn't give __________'s anymore.....

Most of us have been buying and collecting tools for many years.
Isn’t it nice, to take on a fix-it project or a fabrication or whatever, and have the tools needed to do what we intend to do?
Hon, I only have what I need.

Well she doesn't complain too much when I buy things. My "hobby" more than supports itself. In fact we are looking at buying a classic car from my earnings in my shop.

I found a really nice 65 El Camino. We also saw a 66 Plymouth Belvedere II with a 383 in it. I'm leaning more towards the Camino. I have a lot of small block Chevy parts that will fit on it.

My wife wants to find some old classic and restore it. She has no idea what she's in for, but maybe some day. It would be fun.

The diplomatic response is "Why do you have so many knives in the kitchen? I know that it's because each is good at a specific task. Same with my tools in the garage."

My wife has never questioned my purchases...we each have our own money. I just bought a new GMC 2500HD trading in my 8 year old truck that was in fantastic condition (garaged during the winter, that was a discussion) and only 44,000 miles. I don’t complain about her purchases (she likes to travel so we go someplace all the time) and I go along with her. Sometimes I wish (to myself) that we weren’t going somewhere so I could work in my shop, we can sometimes be gone more in a month than we are home....

My wife cares a great deal about wanton spending, but her policy on me and my stuff is pretty simple: If I use it, I can keep it. If it gathers dust, I should sell it and buy something else. It's an easy justification for shop stuff. I get in trouble when I go through "phases" with other stuff, though. All in all it's not bad, I think I'll keep her.

She learned long time ago that when she hands me something broken and 95% of the time I return it to her fixed after some time in the garage. Or she says I wanna redo the bathroom tile or cabinets or this or that means my list just grew. I have tools for just about ever trade and truly need a 40x60. My wife a self made business owner knows and understands you need the proper tools to do a professional job. And I REALLY LOVE TOOLS!

The diplomatic response is "Why do you have so many knives in the kitchen? I know that it's because each is good at a specific task. Same with my tools in the garage."
Wouldn’t be prudent—I bought the knives, too!

Back