honda 4x4 problems

I can't help with your specific problem but I agree with ordering a manual.

bought my truck, ordered the manual. Same as my dozer, snowmachines, bobcat, dirt bike, fourwheeler, lathe, and on and on.. The first time the manual gets opened up for a problem, it was worth the price. Most problems with the manual are solved within the hour.

Back to the four wheeler, I passed up a couple electric shift bikes because I thought that could be a problem. The newer model Honda's I have noticed are back to the manual shift again.

I've. Got a 450 foreman. 99 model I think. Sometimes it won't shift . I've found that it is a bad connection behind the bat. That's where the fuse holder for the electronic shift is. Shake the wires or pull fuse out and clean cortisone off and mine shifts fine for a couple of months

Scruffy

thanks for the replys. so far I have replaced the electronic speedometer / functions dash cluster and disconnected and tested every plug / wiring connector from the headlights back to the fuse box, including the three that are under the rh rear tire. still have the .3A short. this week I will take all the connectors apart around the battery and fuse box. so many projects needing doing before the big snow hits. . .

thanks for the replys. so far I have replaced the electronic speedometer / functions dash cluster and disconnected and tested every plug / wiring connector from the headlights back to the fuse box, including the three that are under the rh rear tire. still have the .3A short. this week I will take all the connectors apart around the battery and fuse box. so many projects needing doing before the big snow hits. . .

I would check the wiring harness too. I haven't worked on this machine, but I do know that there are factory wiring splices hidden in just about every harness that can go bad. I've see at least 3 machines causing problems because of this.

If you have a wiring diagram, make sure each wire has continuity from start to finish.

Back