Honda Express From 49cc To Stroker 100cc In Original Case

Love this kind of stuff, been doing motorcycle engine mods since mid 70's but always too broke to do 'big bikes'.
I was working at Honda dealers in Britain when Express came out. Ours were limited to 2.4bhp and just barely 32~35mph
Last several years I've been 'playing' with Honda CB360's fitting Suzuki GS850 pistons. Only 22cc larger but 10% or more power increase (previously playing with Yamaha XS650's - 800 & 840 conversions, re-phased crank, etc)
BTW, nice boring bar, pity company went bust a few years ago. With correct adjustment they will easily hold 0.0005" over length of a Harley Sportster piston. At one time I was teaching people to use them at MMI. (Motorcycle Mechanics Institute, Orlando Fl.) Did so many cheap 883 to 1200 conversions HD stopped supplying piston kits and forced people to buy cylinder+piston kit for the conversion (pair of pistons with all the gaskets, etc could be had for about $120.00, the 'full kit, from HD, around $800) It did take a while to bore 0.496" though (complete 5 hr period)

Last edited:
Back