Horizontal Mill cutters

63redtudor

Registered
Registered
I have a bunch of horizontal mill cutters that were also packed in with my grandfather's old SB lathe. The milling machine disappeared years ago (I don't remember ever seeing it, if I did I would've been too small to know what I was looking at), so I really don't have a use for them. I suppose that I could try and sell them, but I'd rather try and post them here and try for a trade.

There is:
- 7/8" arbor cutters (almost slitting saws), only a handful
- 1" arbor cutters of various styles, at least a couple dozen
- 1 1/4" arbor cutters - which includes several involute gear cutters.
I have made an inventory of them, but in a way I'd rather just send the whole lot on their way. I have looked them over and tossed the broken ones, but it would be best to check them carefully before using.

What I would like:
- a smaller chuck for my floor drill press, ideally a 0 - 3/8" though something that goes down to at least 1/64" would all right (currently have a 1.5 - 16mm or 1/16 - 5/8")
- a 10" Sheldon traveler rest
- a 16" South Bend thread dial, steady rest or traveler rest

I realize that some of these items are rather hard to find and/or obscure, but you never know if you don't ask. If you don't have anything of the above but are still interested, send me a PM and we'll figure something out. Thanks,
Edwin

I have a bunch of horizontal mill cutters that were also packed in with my grandfather's old SB lathe. The milling machine disappeared years ago (I don't remember ever seeing it, if I did I would've been too small to know what I was looking at), so I really don't have a use for them. I suppose that I could try and sell them, but I'd rather try and post them here and try for a trade.

There is:
- 7/8" arbor cutters (almost slitting saws), only a handful
- 1" arbor cutters of various styles, at least a couple dozen
- 1 1/4" arbor cutters - which includes several involute gear cutters.
I have made an inventory of them, but in a way I'd rather just send the whole lot on their way. I have looked them over and tossed the broken ones, but it would be best to check them carefully before using.

What I would like:
- a smaller chuck for my floor drill press, ideally a 0 - 3/8" though something that goes down to at least 1/64" would all right (currently have a 1.5 - 16mm or 1/16 - 5/8")
- a 10" Sheldon traveler rest
- a 16" South Bend thread dial, steady rest or traveler rest

I realize that some of these items are rather hard to find and/or obscure, but you never know if you don't ask. If you don't have anything of the above but are still interested, send me a PM and we'll figure something out. Thanks,
Edwin

I'm not much here at HM anymore. But occasionally lurk...
I happen to have a steady, a follow and a few other SB parts which may likely fit your 16", and perhaps a chuck to fit your DP depending on the taper your might need.
My email is: UglydogLLC@gmail.com
Please contact me at my email address should you have interest.
I have some parts here in the MN metro and some parts at the cabin as we have been in a several year slow relocation to our retirement home.
I might be interested in some of your cutters as part of a trade...

Daryl
MN

Back