• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Some users may still have issues remaining logged into the forum. Please delete old bookmarks. If you are still having issues, go to the Site Issues forum here and let us know EXACTLY what you clicked on before the login issue arose, so we can try to track it down. We are working on this, and appreciate your patience. Thank you.

[4]

Horizontal Milling Arbor Support : Trans World Steel Vhm-728

January Project of the Month [3]
[10] Like what you see?
Click here to donate to this forum and upgrade your account!

Ulma Doctor

Infinitely Curious
H-M Supporter-Premium Member
I'm missing the horizontal milling support for my Trans World Steel VHM-728.
it's a mill that has both horizontal and vertical spindles.
although i don't have a present need to cut anything on the horizontal spindle at this time, i'd like to be ready for the inevitable need in the future.
i found a hunk of 6 x 6 x 1-1/4" 6061 to use for the purpose of arbor suport
i squared up the plate in the vertical mill spindle with a very nice 1-1/4' TPG 3 inserted endmill
(member Mutt, graciously sent the TPG endmill with another very nice inserted shell mill in trade for a drum switch, i had lying around- Thanks Again Mutt!)
then started the process of layout of the dovetails, and machining the dovetails

first fit up
NUP-RV411PyHl_7ggN1vJ_6_dCRBThYPfWHKGXQCPwQS9Nw1mzBXHCbH2wnrOFW5kLsR_IyuZQ=w429-h482-no.jpg

after final dovetail fit
FullSizeRender (1).jpg

thanks for looking, plenty more to come!

Attachments

Ulma Doctor

Infinitely Curious
H-M Supporter-Premium Member
here is a video of the work completed to this point.
sorry-no machining, just the description of work and intended machining

[6]
[5] [7]